• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why NR doesnt want Riverside or Lakeside property
28 August 2012, 18:37,
Why NR doesnt want Riverside or Lakeside property
This is why I like the tops of hills

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nside.html

28 August 2012, 18:55,
RE: Why NR doesnt want Riverside or Lakeside property
makes sense NOT to live near rivers or ON flood plains.....thats why their called FLOOD plains!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 19:12,
SHTF for them it seems, good lesson don't keep all preps at home.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
28 August 2012, 19:16,
Kinda like the people who choose to live in tornado valley or some such. You can't help but think "but you knew it was gonna happen some day!"
28 August 2012, 19:40,
Well the house I'm moving to is about 150 yrs from the sea shore. Short of a tsunami on the scale of the one in Lucifers Hammer it is as safe as anywhere, and to be honest i'm not too worried about a tsunami happening anytime soon. There's a very good reason why our ancestors migrated along coasts and rivers when they first jumped out of the trees, access to a plentiful supply of fresh food all year round.

It's like having a supermarket on your doorstep even after tshtf, just without the annoying checkout operator trying to make small talk Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
28 August 2012, 19:47,
What is the name of those worm type things you find on the beach? You tip salt into the hole and the thing comes rushing out, I know you can eat them.
28 August 2012, 19:48,
Our neighbours have got a plan I like.
They have a canal boat in their back garden
28 August 2012, 21:11,
(28 August 2012, 19:47)Prepaday Wrote: What is the name of those worm type things you find on the beach? You tip salt into the hole and the thing comes rushing out, I know you can eat them.

Razor muscles or razor clams

29 August 2012, 00:10,
Too close to a river and you're at risk of flash floods
But on a hill top you're very exposed to winds and more likely to suffer a lightening strike.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
29 August 2012, 11:05,
plus you are visible for miles. An easy place to monitor.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin