Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freecycle - Unwanted goods for the price of pickup
2 September 2012, 10:25,
RE: Freecycle - Unwanted goods for the price of pickup
(2 September 2012, 10:23)Skean Dhude Wrote: Our local council has just sent out a survey. It seems they need to engage more with the community and not just increase taxes.

So we have two choices;

1) Should we reduce benefits and help to the poorest and the disabled in society and save 2.6M
2) Should we increase council tax by a small amount.

In the comments section I suggested they were ripped off by their consultants because the local school would have come out with better suggestions and how the consultancy was a farce.

Not one word about cutting lesbian outreach workers and football coordinators, reducing expenses or actually cutting costs. Scum, no different from central government.

but SD we cant do with out lesbian footballers
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 September 2012, 11:09,
Our council waste millions on sure start centers, subsidised creches for chavs, play school groups, gay and lesbian support centers, drug addiction out reach workers, homeless teenager agencies, meals on wheels, ring and ride buses, Refugee and asylum seeker workers and drop in centers etc etc but ask for a speed camera or traffic warden.............................I do not believe it is the states duty or responsibility to provide cheap home, granny farms or any of that welfare state garbage.

2 September 2012, 21:54,
I've been told that some council tips are good value for items but have no idea where they are.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
2 September 2012, 22:19,
If councils really meant to help recycling they would allow items to be taken from the skips. Our council does not. It becomes their property and then goes to landfill. Hypocritical bastards.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 September 2012, 22:55,
(2 September 2012, 22:19)Skean Dhude Wrote: If councils really meant to help recycling they would allow items to be taken from the skips. Our council does not. It becomes their property and then goes to landfill. Hypocritical bastards.

The staff have their eyes on what’s good and not, working at these yards equal two wages, job pay and then scrap, they all in on it, but of course in the name of health and safety you must not help yourself.

I am going there this week to raid the cookers for metal oven racks for my DIY food dehydrator, I won't be asking.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
3 September 2012, 11:44,
(2 September 2012, 22:19)Skean Dhude Wrote: If councils really meant to help recycling they would allow items to be taken from the skips. Our council does not. It becomes their property and then goes to landfill. Hypocritical bastards.

Same here SD. The scrap wood alone that I've seen could provide free fuel for loads of homes, but it all goes to landfill.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
14 September 2012, 20:58,
most councils dont, its absurd, thats why i think projects like freecycle should be encouraged and nurtured

we just need new councils, and a new government.
15 September 2012, 09:14,
what makes me laugh is that councils around here have decided to charge for builders waste...you know the stuff left over when you have some work done....then they are surprised when "flytipping" increases!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 September 2012, 09:24,
(15 September 2012, 09:14)bigpaul Wrote: what makes me laugh is that councils around here have decided to charge for builders waste...you know the stuff left over when you have some work done....then they are surprised when "flytipping" increases!

hah! you'd think with all these enviromental concerns they'd want to reduce flytipping, i honestly think TPTB have no intelligence at all Tongue
15 September 2012, 11:08,
(15 September 2012, 09:24)Hrusai Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 09:14)bigpaul Wrote: what makes me laugh is that councils around here have decided to charge for builders waste...you know the stuff left over when you have some work done....then they are surprised when "flytipping" increases!

hah! you'd think with all these enviromental concerns they'd want to reduce flytipping, i honestly think TPTB have no intelligence at all Tongue

nope, they cant see if you do A then as a result B will increase...usually cos B comes from a different budget than the increased charges for ABig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.