Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic bullets fired to disperse Belfast rioters
4 September 2012, 10:11,

is it me or does this happen every year?
4 September 2012, 10:20,
RE: Plastic bullets fired to disperse Belfast rioters
Every August they show their hatred and bigotry towards each other and incite trouble, I was out there on two tours in the army, I never met such blatent unadulterated hatred that was common across the board in both communities, but at least that hatred is directed inwards at each other so at least they only kill each other these days. It makes a nice change that its not the English being the target of instituational bigotry like there is in much of Scotland.

4 September 2012, 11:57,
Yup. 6 whole rounds. That'll put the hundreds of people in check...

Instead of sending loads of police in who only get injured, why not build a stadium and sell tickets. The aggro is going to happen regardless, might as well make it into a sport.
4 September 2012, 11:59,
The Paras knew exactly how to deal with em back in 72.

4 September 2012, 12:01,
(4 September 2012, 11:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: The Paras knew exactly how to deal with em back in 72.

My mate was out there a few times. Used to spend lots of money on sweets. Give 'em out to the kids - you don't get shot at quite as much when there are wee ones about.
4 September 2012, 12:11,
from 88 to 99 i did 4 tours there , it didnt matter how many kids where about if you had a red beret they still shot at you!!
4 September 2012, 12:12,
(4 September 2012, 12:11)Tigs Wrote: from 88 to 99 i did 4 tours there , it didnt matter how many kids where about if you had a red beret they still shot at you!!

I did say quite as much Wink

He said the RoE were shite too?
4 September 2012, 12:17, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2012, 12:19 by Tigs.)
lol ok but once is enough
yeah could not shoot to kill even if being fired at! unless your life was in immediate danger ????
4 September 2012, 12:21,
(4 September 2012, 12:17)Tigs Wrote: lol ok but once is enough
yeah could not shoot to kill even if being fired at! unless your life was in immediate danger ????

You would have expected being shot at would put your life in pretty immediate danger! The joys of peace keeping eh?
4 September 2012, 12:26,
yeah! but there was always a way around it Big Grin