Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nat Geo's Doomsday Preppers
5 September 2012, 18:43,
Nat Geo's Doomsday Preppers
As forcast those who appeared in the show are now feeling humiliated betrayed and angry cos once again the media has twisted, turned and distorted facts just to get better ratings.

One guys was sectioned and had his guns siezed

One lady has been vilified by her community

One chap who does traditional bushcraft and primative living is outraged because he says the Nat Geo people have destroyed his credability by selective editing and portraying him like a nut job.

5 September 2012, 18:48,
RE: Nat Geo's Doomsday Preppers
i have to say"told you so"Tongue in my short time on the prepper scene even i have learnt to give any journo or "film maker" a VERY wide berth (as in dont touch em with a barge pole). another forum i was on were all for getting involved with some film maker-just shows how wrong they were/are!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 September 2012, 19:02,
First episode of the new series is on tonight at 10pm
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
5 September 2012, 20:19,
they should shut the fuck up and stop talking about it on tv bloody yanks
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 September 2012, 22:24,
Considering how badly it could've been portrayed, I don't think it's that bad at all.
I certainly don't think the show was edited to make them look crazy, if anything it's coming from a pro-prepping stance as the show's "experts" rates their preps and recommend bug out plans etc.

And about the guy who was sectioned - it's not because he's a prepper, it's because doctors thought he was suicidal. Can't comment on the others though haven't heard about them. Got a source?

Of course the people on it are idiots for going on the show though. In one episode the woman talks about how she keeps her prepping secret from all neighbours etc and it's hard not to shout "YOU'RE TELLING THE WHOLE WORLD YOU DUMB B****"
5 September 2012, 23:01,
on to nights one do you think her shorts can get any shorter are they prepper clothing if so wood love a pear Big Grin
6 September 2012, 19:02,
oh god barney in short shorts...the horror, THE HORROR!!!
6 September 2012, 19:04,
(6 September 2012, 19:02)Hrusai Wrote: oh god barney in short shorts...the horror, THE HORROR!!!

hey dont knock to you see it just have to shave my legs and back and ass and feet
6 September 2012, 19:10,
[Image: facepalm.jpg]
lol
6 September 2012, 23:29,
For every silly person on that show there's probably several "better" preppers shaking their heads sadly.
I heard on SurvivalBlog that one woman was offered $1000 off camera to shoot her cat on camera, because of the shock value!
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8