Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What nefarious reason do the US HLS cops need these?
7 September 2012, 11:37, (This post was last modified: 7 September 2012, 11:39 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: What nefarious reason do the US HLS cops need these?
(7 September 2012, 10:52)00111001 Wrote:
(7 September 2012, 10:42)NorthernRaider Wrote: Bugger the big heavy armoured box on wheels I want a small lightweight buggy than can get almost anywhere very fast, is easy to hide and can cvarry three people and three BOBs, Go Light Smile The Riflemans way. ( Swift & Bold) Cede Nullis, Faithful.

Old mini then sir!

Small enough to go most places (not off road though) can just get 3 in there with gear too.

I'm thinking that with the way the UK is after the SHTF huge percentages of our roads are going to be blocked for decades by abandoned vehicles, and we are going to have to dig out our old OS maps and start rediscovering the old bridle ways, old railway track beds, farm tracks etc and providing we can fuel these buggers they have the best chance of getting around.
Yup quads and mules have much in their favour, namely they are designed to get where most pedestrians can go, quad towing a trailer, or mule with load bed equals mobility and large carrying capacity, AND of course many buggies, quads and mules are now road legal as well.

7 September 2012, 11:49,
there are many roads in my area that havent been repaired from the snow and ice we had 2 years ago, after TSHTF these wont be repaired period, the ditches are cleaned out on a regular basis and the hedges are cut...about this time of year, that will stop....it wont take many storms and bad weather and the roads will be impassible. even the footpaths, droves and bridleways have to be maintained to a certain amount...so if you/we dont do it...who will?? if any of you have a bug out route that involves back roads, footpaths, droves etc,..get out there and check them out!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 September 2012, 11:51,
(7 September 2012, 11:49)bigpaul Wrote: there are many roads in my area that havent been repaired from the snow and ice we had 2 years ago, after TSHTF these wont be repaired period, the ditches are cleaned out on a regular basis and the hedges are cut...about this time of year, that will stop....it wont take many storms and bad weather and the roads will be impassible. even the footpaths, droves and bridleways have to be maintained to a certain amount...so if you/we dont do it...who will?? if any of you have a bug out route that involves back roads, footpaths, droves etc,..get out there and check them out!

Hhmmmm, maybe I should invest in some type of cattle plow for the front of the motor?
7 September 2012, 11:57,
It is for use in the towns. In the villages and outskirts a plain old bomb or rocket will do.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 September 2012, 11:58,
(7 September 2012, 11:57)Skean Dhude Wrote: In the villages and outskirts a plain old bomb or rocket will do.

Now that's more like it. Going to have a wee test at the next MSG meeting Wink
7 September 2012, 12:38, (This post was last modified: 7 September 2012, 12:39 by Paul.)
A quad is too exposed for me.
I'd like one of the new Riva 4x4 as is for sale in France and beyond.
Only in diesel though which I'm not sure if they do now.
They had them in the UK years ago with a Peugeot diesel unit,
Now, I'm not sure if that's an option.
Lovely little mud plugger.

As for the yanks, new toy, bored with the Humvee's I suppose.

7 September 2012, 12:53,
I had a Niva cossack for a few years twas a good little vehicle even the 1600 russian engine was easy to look after, its only the bloody emission laws that stopped it being sold here.

7 September 2012, 12:56,
(7 September 2012, 12:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: I had a Niva cossack for a few years twas a good little vehicle even the 1600 russian engine was easy to look after, its only the bloody emission laws that stopped it being sold here.

You can still pick them up on evilbay occasionally, or the one for classic cars.

Does the emission thing mean it won't pass MOT??
7 September 2012, 13:20,
(7 September 2012, 12:56)00111001 Wrote:
(7 September 2012, 12:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: I had a Niva cossack for a few years twas a good little vehicle even the 1600 russian engine was easy to look after, its only the bloody emission laws that stopped it being sold here.

You can still pick them up on evilbay occasionally, or the one for classic cars.

Naa it just means you cannot buy new ones. Old ones are a doddle to maintain cos they are just copies of Fiat 124 mechanicals winterised for Siberia. They entered one in the Land Rover Trophy Competition once and it won.

7 September 2012, 13:28,
(7 September 2012, 13:20)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(7 September 2012, 12:56)00111001 Wrote:

Naa it just means you cannot buy new ones. Old ones are a doddle to maintain cos they are just copies of Fiat 124 mechanicals winterised for Siberia. They entered one in the Land Rover Trophy Competition once and it won.

Ah, I see. Good to know. They pop up on here quite often http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/