Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wilderness Gathering
14 September 2012, 17:52,
The Wilderness Gathering
just got the dates for next year, its on from 15th-18th August 2013, make a note in your diaries folks!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2012, 18:21,
RE: The Wilderness Gathering
Were abouts is it?
15 September 2012, 08:57,
(14 September 2012, 18:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Were abouts is it?

At The Bison Centre, West Knoyle, Wiltshire..a few miles past Mere off the A303!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 September 2012, 18:25,
Too far, cost me nearly £100 in fuel and a 5 hour each way slog on the motorways inc jams this year to go and while it was great to see one of these type of fairs and to check out what is and isn't available commercially, it is not necessary to travel long distances to find those kind of knowledge resources. I will probably be attending one of the alternative & closer ones up my way, then a day pass and a fraction of the fuel will make sense. I don't see any one venue becoming an annual rally point for forum members as there will always be a large drop out rate, especially when any big travel costs are factored in. Therefore it might be best to suggest regional bushcraft shows/meets, so that the attendence rate could hopefully be higher. Regards, TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
16 September 2012, 14:53,
i realise the WG is a long way for any members who live "OOP North" but for Southern members i believe this is a good meet up place...if a bit public....still a good place to put faces to names and get over that hesitant first meeting....on neutral ground Big Grin
16 September 2012, 15:38,
I might manage a little trip

Nearly a years notice should be enough to get me a day's pass from the missus Smile

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
16 September 2012, 15:44,
(16 September 2012, 15:38)IB1 Wrote: I might manage a little trip

Nearly a years notice should be enough to get me a day's pass from the missus Smile

bloody hell, she must have you on a short lead if you need 12 months to get permission!!TongueBig Grin(no offence meant)Angry
16 September 2012, 16:01,
She's ok really, she might even come along if she fancies a day out

She's just given me the go ahead to look at decent multifuel burners for the new place, it's a battle but i'm slowly winning Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
16 September 2012, 17:17,
(16 September 2012, 16:01)IB1 Wrote: She's ok really, she might even come along if she fancies a day out

She's just given me the go ahead to look at decent multifuel burners for the new place, it's a battle but i'm slowly winning Smile

well thats a startBig Grin
17 September 2012, 12:24,
It was nice meeting people at this years WG, but it was much much smaller than I thought, and we wandered round the whole site about 5 times looking for more stalls! Glad we got in for free, I would have been quite disappointed having paid the £10 entrance fee only to find something less than quarter the size of our local car boot.

I'll probably come along on my Jack Jones next year, just to say hello and maybe pick up a knife or two when I'm not under the watchful eye of The Wench