Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese General Prepares for war
21 September 2012, 10:41,
RE: Chinese General Prepares for war
(21 September 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Didn't realise that. SD always told me Bristol was a nice place to be....if you want to be a target. But now that I'm out in the stix south of Taunton, I thought I would be nicely out of the way. My mistake.

Hah! have you noticed the loads of old runways along roads like the b3170 they still exist for a purpose, IE places to disperse military aircraft to during a war, all of on target lists.
Look at Corsham in wilts and work south in a triangle those areas from north of Swindon down to Bovingdon will be bombed to shit if ever another war broke out.
When you drive around the west countries notoriously narrow and twisty roads why do you keep coming along roads that are wider than normal and have excellently maintained high kerbstones with good drainage????? Yup priority military traffic routes.

21 September 2012, 13:23,
(21 September 2012, 10:41)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(21 September 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Didn't realise that. SD always told me Bristol was a nice place to be....if you want to be a target. But now that I'm out in the stix south of Taunton, I thought I would be nicely out of the way. My mistake.

Hah! have you noticed the loads of old runways along roads like the b3170 they still exist for a purpose, IE places to disperse military aircraft to during a war, all of on target lists.
Look at Corsham in wilts and work south in a triangle those areas from north of Swindon down to Bovingdon will be bombed to shit if ever another war broke out.
When you drive around the west countries notoriously narrow and twisty roads why do you keep coming along roads that are wider than normal and have excellently maintained high kerbstones with good drainage????? Yup priority military traffic routes.
you must mean the A30/A303? roads round my area arent maintained at all never mind "Excellently maintained"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2012, 13:48,
Nup there is a network of roads radiating out from key hubs and bases The B3170 is just one I knew well. theres at least three old former strategic runways along it and it used to home various army camps and logistics depots.

21 September 2012, 14:36,
(21 September 2012, 13:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Nup there is a network of roads radiating out from key hubs and bases The B3170 is just one I knew well. theres at least three old former strategic runways along it and it used to home various army camps and logistics depots.

where the heck is the B3170??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2012, 17:22,
Runs south out of Taunton over the plataeu of North Devon

21 September 2012, 17:36,
(21 September 2012, 17:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: Runs south out of Taunton over the plataeu of North Devon

ah, found it, it runs from Taunton down towards the A30 around Yarcombe (East Devon.. Yarcombe sits on the Devon/Somerset border...)
21 September 2012, 18:36,
Is it possible to post images in a thread? I have been working on a map of the UK's strategic nuclear targets showing locations, blast zones, etc. and have a snapshot of the SW ready to show.
21 September 2012, 19:00,
I dont know, what I have been doing is posting images on Flikr then copying the link to here ????

21 September 2012, 21:44,
Okay, I'll just do it the hard way:

http://tcpd.co.uk/uksw2012.htm

I've pretty much all of the UK done but want to add armament & military electronics manufacturers too. And I have to confess, I have been inspired by Joel Skousen's "Strategic Relocation" in undertaking this project, although my criteria for primary and secondary targets may differ slightly from his.
22 September 2012, 09:21,
Neat but that map is missing quite a few strategic targets in the SW including the biggest.