Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create a knowledge bank?
20 September 2012, 10:40, (This post was last modified: 20 September 2012, 10:42 by TOF.)
Create a knowledge bank?

Like just about everyone else here, I have a goodly amount of PDF files on assorted useful subjects.
Would there be any use in creating a place for these to go to share with everyone else? So often info posted in a thread gets lost amongst everything else. Smile

Just to add, I meant to provide a link to the PDF for everyone to download if they wish, not attempt to load the PDF onto the site!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
20 September 2012, 10:58,
RE: Create a knowledge bank?
SD already is putting valuable info in the downloadable files on the home page and is currently trying to create a prepperwickipedia, try seeing if you could help with that archive work if you fancy Smile

20 September 2012, 11:16,
ive gathered a whole bunch of pdf's and posted them up already, but no one seems to have taken much of an interest Tongue ive also got on board with SD's knowledge bank too, am just waiting on him to chuck us the info he's already got so i can help go through it and organise and add my stuff to it Tongue

if i were you i'd message SD about it Smile

and if you fancy sending us the stuff you got that'd be awesome Smile...i can link you to the stuff i uploaded if ya like?
20 September 2012, 11:24,
Okeydoke, I'll pm SD. H, I've copied some of your PDF'sSmile

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
20 September 2012, 11:25,
(20 September 2012, 11:24)TOF Wrote: Okeydoke, I'll pm SD. H, I've copied some of your PDF'sSmile

good to know their going to good use ^^ i got a bunch more now lol, need to update that file tbh Tongue
20 September 2012, 22:08,
I'm on it but very slowly. John and Hrusai have volunteered to help and I intend to get down there in the next fortnight to discuss the way forward. I think we have about 400Gb of files between us. I'm intending to make them downloadable from the web but also supply a FTP site and for those interested some sort of file transfer to USB HD.

More to follow but I'll take this as a kick to get moving.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2012, 09:29,
(20 September 2012, 22:08)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm intending to make them downloadable from the web but also supply a FTP site and for those interested some sort of file transfer to USB HD.

And in English this means ? Smile bloody technobabble.

21 September 2012, 12:40,
It means web access so that people can pick and choose and for others there will be a disk they can copy. 400Gb is a lot of data to download.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2012, 13:51,
(21 September 2012, 12:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: It means web access so that people can pick and choose and for others there will be a disk they can copy. 400Gb is a lot of data to download.

Thank you mon ami, so why didnt you say that in the first place Smile Smile

21 September 2012, 15:14,
If you want a cheap alternative to USB harddrive you could stick them on DVD disks as each disk is 4.7 GB and fairly inexpensive as you'd only need 9 disks. I used to use DVD disks at school for saving data as they blocked the USB ports because people keep doing things they shouldn't to the system :p you just write the data to disk as you would a blank CD then when you want the data off it you just right click on the disk icon and select open disk and copy the files