Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new SARS-like virus.
24 September 2012, 18:36,
new SARS-like virus.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19698335
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 September 2012, 19:10,
RE: new SARS-like virus.
One to keep an eye on

Apart from the early days when the red army and their nukes was the big concern a pandemic has always been my biggest concern. Too many people living too close together, cheap air travel, open borders, industrial meat production, it's going to happen one day.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
24 September 2012, 19:23,
it could mutate in the middle east if it spreads,then if it starts to get contagious then who knows, but it would be a good population control virus for the government, just imagine all those state pensions and JSA they wouldn't have to pay for the victims
24 September 2012, 22:07,
The movie contagion is about a virus that mutates.

Sars and Swine flu didnt affect us to badly, but you never know how this one could spread. Bird flus still a big issue in asia but its never on the news.
25 September 2012, 08:44,
As the world's population increases, and antibiotics become less and less effective due to resistance, I think some kind of pandemic is inevitable.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 September 2012, 14:28,
I'm not worried.

I'm getting my yearly flu jab soon and I truly believe the government when they say I'm going to be safe! Confused

I also believe in Father Christmas and world peace but there again I have just changed my medication. Big Grin

Wheeee!

25 September 2012, 18:38,
(24 September 2012, 22:07)Metroyeti Wrote: The movie contagion is about a virus that mutates.

Sars and Swine flu didnt affect us to badly, but you never know how this one could spread. Bird flus still a big issue in asia but its never on the news.

The best and most realistic pandemic movie ever made IMO.

I wonder how many preppers bugged out or otherwise went nuts over the swine flu. To somebody who's been on the lookout for pandemics, it must've seemed like the beginning of "the big one"
28 September 2012, 11:25, (This post was last modified: 28 September 2012, 11:34 by 00111001.)
on here: http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

There was a report of 5 people infected in Denmark. Was there yesterday, but now it's vanished...

Found it by searching for older reports, but no updates - which is strange.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/index....-36684-DNK

Hhmmm, being brushed under the carpet??
(28 September 2012, 11:25)00111001 Wrote: on here: http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

There was a report of 5 people infected in Denmark. Was there yesterday, but now it's vanished...

Found it by searching for older reports, but no updates - which is strange.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/index....-36684-DNK

Hhmmm, being brushed under the carpet??

Panic over - I missed the update. Although in my defence it is pretty well hidden Rolleyes

Quote:Description
Five people in isolation in a Danish hospital are suffering from a typical influenza strain and not a new SARS-like respiratory illness as feared, the Odense University Hospital says."The five have tested positive for influenza B and because of their general state we are sure that they do not have the new coronavirus," the hospital's chief physician Svend Stenvang Petersen told AFP on Wednesday. The five, three adults and two children, had been isolated at the hospital since Tuesday amid fears they had contracted a new virus in the same family as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) after they experienced fever, coughing and influenza-like symptoms. "We will be sending them home tomorrow (Thursday)," Petersen said, adding that all five were well despite their influenza. Two of the five had recently been to the Middle East, with the father of the two children having travelled to Saudi Arabia and an unrelated man in Qatar. The new virus was recently identified by the British Health Protection Agency in a Qatari man transferred to London after apparently picking it up in Saudi Arabia. A Saudi national died earlier this year from a virtually identical virus, the World Health Organisation has said. The WHO confirmed in a global alert on Monday that the new virus was in the coronavirus family which causes the common cold but can also include more severe illnesses including SARS.
28 September 2012, 14:49,
IMAO I think that a pandemic is probably the worse kind of SHTF scenario because no amount of prepping is going to be able to save you, even bugging out is no guarantee against infection because you are bound to come into contact eventually with people who have survived the disease but still carry the virus.
Respect existence or expect resistance!