Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up Greece and Spain
26 September 2012, 10:17, (This post was last modified: 26 September 2012, 10:20 by NorthernRaider.)
Heads up Greece and Spain
Greece is calling a general strike, this could get nasty
Spain is just reporting now that its slipping fast binto an even deeper recession ( Breaking on BBC) plus riots in Madrid
http://news.sky.com/story/989666/greeks-...r-new-cuts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19724284

26 September 2012, 12:40,
RE: Heads up Greece and Spain
on the news at midday, rioting in Spain and Greece.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 September 2012, 13:17,
My mate FerFAL (survivalist blogger from Argentina who now lives here in NI) was saying for a long time that Spain was a basket case getting ready to get much, much worse. He was saying many South Americans with EU passports fled to Spain in recent years only to find a new mess awaiting.
26 September 2012, 14:07,
I didnt know Ferfal was now in Ulster, I used to exchange posts n stuff with him on SB and Misc Surv years ago.

26 September 2012, 17:45,
Yes, he's living in Bangor (large middle class town east of Belfast, full of yacht-owning snobs). He still runs his blog and does interviews on US survivalist radio, etc, all from his new home in NI!
26 September 2012, 19:01,
Cool as, i would love to meet him if he ever comes to the mainland.

26 September 2012, 21:54,
Yes, he's certainly a very interesting guy to chat with. We've been hiking together a few times in the mountains here (he put a very brief video of one of our trips on his Youtube channel) and it's always an education. And our wives and kids have met each other, so yes, he's a very affable guy.
27 September 2012, 08:00,
Hmmm I wonder what it is with Ulster, it attracts some Iconic survivalists of yore, like Nemesis, Ferfal, Shaun etc???

27 September 2012, 13:38,
FerFal likes it because of the low crime rate (lowest in world outside of Japan), plenty of rainwater, you can own decent guns and bring them home with you, and English is spoken here which is important to him as he wants his kids to be fully bilingual. He originally wanted to go to Texas but found it too difficult to gain residency in the USA so he just used his EU passport and simply moved here in November without even visiting the country first!

Other plus points of NI: No council tax, no water charges, no bailiffs if you can't repay debts, an unmanned border with another EU state (always handy depending on currency and fuel price changes), house prices are relatively low.

Negatives: Still a lingering distrust between the 2 communities, ferries required to drive to anywhere on mainland, local banks are in chaos, economy fragile due to banking woes.
27 September 2012, 13:43,
Sounds good, I had a former army friend of mine marry a Londonderry girl and move over there but the hatred of the English soon drove him out, Its apparent nearly as anti English as parts of Scotland !!!!. I was there for two tours in the 70s and nothing would make me go back willingly. Yet some of my best mates are Ulstermen.