Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermal image cameras watching you shop
27 September 2012, 19:29,
Thermal image cameras watching you shop
Just watched the one show. Had a clip on about ques whilst shopping. Morrisons use thermal image cameras to count how many shoppers they have so they can get extra staff for the tills.
27 September 2012, 20:15,
RE: Thermal image cameras watching you shop
So all the Asian families where all 35 go shopping together must really confuse their system. Thought its be cheaper to put rfid on the trolleys? Then you can see which ones are in the store, the size of the trolley an how many are near the checkout.

I should sell this idea!

Bugger, delete the above from your memory!!
27 September 2012, 20:33,
huh, asian families to selling ideas, what just happened xD

you want ideas to sell buddy, what about building in OLED displays into shelving, ceilings and walls, then using directional speakers to deliver personalised speech to each shopper, then using metal detectors to provide a rough estimate of amount of paper cash in your wallet, which then furthere tailors you experience and steers you toward cheap stuff if your poor or expensive stuff if your rich xD

k so that was random, better idea! hire some immigrants to count people standing in crews, probly cheaper than thermal imaging...nah definately so Tongue
28 September 2012, 10:48,
Been talking to a Doctor friend who works at Morrisons (as can't get a job with NHS) the thermal cameras are there to spot shoplifters who nick refrigerated stuff like steaks, and just stick them under jackets, upskirts or down trousers.

Helps the security guards identify who's nicking what for their reports- convictions- hah, never happen as most are well known anyway to the police but can't be bothered with the paperwork of an arrest that'll just go onto a long list of convictions.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
28 September 2012, 12:45,
Add the behavioral camera systems are being trialled in the UK to "detect crime before it happens".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...appen.html

So in airports you're irradiated by full body scanners, on the streets your looked at by CCTV now with the possibility of "intelligent" crime detecting CCTV, in supermarkets they watch your body heat, in schools they put cameras in changing rooms and toilets.
(Good to know your kids are 'safe' isn't it?)

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2012-09-1...n-schools/

and that's just the tip of the surveillance sword.

Not forgetting the Data and Communications Bill is due for ratification any month now.
Once approved (and it's a done deal I'm thinking) there will be no more privacy of thought, deed, written, or spoken word.

I don't care if folk claim that they have nothing to hide.
The next step will be micro-chipping the population or tattooing a bar code on your neck.

2 October 2012, 12:32,
(28 September 2012, 12:45)Paul Wrote: Add the behavioral camera systems are being trialled in the UK to "detect crime before it happens".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...appen.html

So in airports you're irradiated by full body scanners, on the streets your looked at by CCTV now with the possibility of "intelligent" crime detecting CCTV, in supermarkets they watch your body heat, in schools they put cameras in changing rooms and toilets.
(Good to know your kids are 'safe' isn't it?)

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2012-09-1...n-schools/

and that's just the tip of the surveillance sword.

Not forgetting the Data and Communications Bill is due for ratification any month now.
Once approved (and it's a done deal I'm thinking) there will be no more privacy of thought, deed, written, or spoken word.

I don't care if folk claim that they have nothing to hide.
The next step will be micro-chipping the population or tattooing a bar code on your neck.

I'm told that there are certain countries operation covert airport iris scans that have a 10m range.

They show an Interesting image displayed on an electronic notice board... you look at the image and zap, your iris pattern is both harvested and archived.

What else is going on behind the scenes?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 October 2012, 12:38,
Beam me up Scotty.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue