Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greeting's
28 September 2012, 09:27,
Greeting's
I heard this is where the serious preppers hang out so thought I’d check it out. I’ve been “on board” since 98 caught the Y2K bug just after getting out the army and never shook the habit. My preps have served me well over the years and covered me through various personal hard times and mishaps, so to me at least it’s silly not to continue.

I’m not much of a doomsday prepper more your mundane variety, I was full of the end is nigh prior to Y2K I was a lot younger then I’ve matured some since. TEOTWAWKI could come in many shapes or forms it’s impossible to prep for them all without a lottery grant or win so I concentrate on the more mundane things like bad weather, food disruption,shortages/price hikes, economic worries which I feel still gives me an edge over joe blogs.

I realise I could just read the boards as you have them open to the public but thought it would be rude to just take and not offer something in return (as and where I feel I can) which is the reason for signing up. Some of you may know (of) me some of you I’m sure will soon enough.

I love the outdoors and bushcraft at the moment I’m fortunate to be in a position where I can get out every day, sometimes for 1-2hrs sometimes for 5-6 depending on what needs doing at home before heading out………. Thats about it really without giving you my full life story and personal details,

Many thanks
28 September 2012, 10:13,
RE: Greeting's
hello and welcome smudge
28 September 2012, 12:36,
Hello and Welcome
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 September 2012, 12:57,
Welcome from dorst Big Grin

sounds like you're an old hand to this preppin lark Smile so i'm sure you got a lot of knowledge to offer Big Grin

hmmm serious preppers, i like that Smile i always thought it was a good forum, but never really been on others to see what they're like

cya round the forums smudge ^^
28 September 2012, 14:30,
(28 September 2012, 12:57)Hrusai Wrote: so i'm sure you got a lot of knowledge to offer

Mostly opinions like everyone else Tongue
28 September 2012, 15:01,
no commentBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 September 2012, 15:09,
You the same smudge from http://www.survivalistboards.com?

28 September 2012, 17:42,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 September 2012, 17:56,
(28 September 2012, 15:09)Paul Wrote: You the same smudge from http://www.survivalistboards.com?

Yup, I know you?
28 September 2012, 19:55,
(28 September 2012, 09:27)Smudge Wrote: I heard this is where the serious preppers hang out so thought I’d check it out. I’ve been “on board” since 98 caught the Y2K bug just after getting out the army and never shook the habit. My preps have served me well over the years and covered me through various personal hard times and mishaps, so to me at least it’s silly not to continue.

I’m not much of a doomsday prepper more your mundane variety, I was full of the end is nigh prior to Y2K I was a lot younger then I’ve matured some since. TEOTWAWKI could come in many shapes or forms it’s impossible to prep for them all without a lottery grant or win so I concentrate on the more mundane things like bad weather, food disruption,shortages/price hikes, economic worries which I feel still gives me an edge over joe blogs.

I realise I could just read the boards as you have them open to the public but thought it would be rude to just take and not offer something in return (as and where I feel I can) which is the reason for signing up. Some of you may know (of) me some of you I’m sure will soon enough.

I love the outdoors and bushcraft at the moment I’m fortunate to be in a position where I can get out every day, sometimes for 1-2hrs sometimes for 5-6 depending on what needs doing at home before heading out………. Thats about it really without giving you my full life story and personal details,

Many thanks
Heyy welcome!!