Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windmills
30 September 2012, 12:12,
Windmills
I know that in 20 years or so we'll need all the power we can get but Scotland is going to be a total no low flying fly zone for ever if they keep on building these blooming wind farms.

http://renews.biz/story.php?page_id=72&news_id=2717

After all I read in the Internet that their life is 20-25 years so they'll replacing them at what cost though?
It costs £600,000 to install a single, 1MW turbine according to Farmers Weekly (and that's second hand).

I'm probably not going to be very popular but I think we should be pushing nuclear. After all there isn't really a viable alternative and the wave driven schemes are a joke.

30 September 2012, 12:32,
RE: Windmills
Nuclear power is good but the nuclear waste puts people off. If they could find a safe way to dispose of it rather than burying,more people would favour it. The frogs and japs seem to like it.
30 September 2012, 12:40,
there are safe ways of disposing of nuclear waste, many of them, but all are overlooked Tongue there are also nucleaer power plants designed to give off safer byproducts, that cant be processed to make weaponry

go nuclear Smile
30 September 2012, 12:41,
Bit dodgy about the Japanese I would have thought but after all the raw fuel comes from the ground so why shouldn't it go back in?
There are a few places where no one would worry about the consequences of dumping it.
For example. Houses of parliament.

30 September 2012, 14:52,
well i prefer 2 methods of waste disposable myself, one is using a network of mirrors to superheat the waste and vaporise it into almost nothingness, and the second would be to build a huge gauss cannon and fire the waste directly at the sun ^^
30 September 2012, 17:43,
Thorium nuclear waste reactors, would allow us to slowly eat through the big pile of plutonium we have accumulated, which presents a security risk. It would allow us to power the UK for 500 years!
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
30 September 2012, 21:08,
:
(30 September 2012, 12:32)Metroyeti Wrote: Nuclear power is good but the nuclear waste puts people off. If they could find a safe way to dispose of it rather than burying,more people would favour it. The frogs and japs seem to like it.

pretty sure i read recently that the japanese, long term, were bailing out of nuclear power after their last "surf's up" mishapBig Grin
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
30 September 2012, 21:30,
Im pretty sure that put a spanner in their works.well they used to think it was good.
30 September 2012, 21:40,
IJapan has always had earthquakes. That is why they built the way they did. Why they went nuclear is beyond me. Here in the UK we are much safer.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 October 2012, 12:25, (This post was last modified: 1 October 2012, 12:26 by Hrusai.)
(30 September 2012, 21:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: IJapan has always had earthquakes. That is why they built the way they did. Why they went nuclear is beyond me. Here in the UK we are much safer.

my thoughts exactly, nuclear is fine, just not on or near a tectonically active site Tongue
should be common sense really Tongue