Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello From Scotland
2 October 2012, 12:56,
Hello From Scotland
I'm new here having been recommended by one of your members on another forum.

We have been described as "preppers by default" due to our recent downshifting and change of lifestyle. Looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing some of our experiences.

Please have a look at our blog.

Cheers!

Tarrel
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 October 2012, 12:58,
RE: Hello From Scotland
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 October 2012, 13:29,
welcome to the site mate, enjoy your stay Big Grin
2 October 2012, 13:30,
(2 October 2012, 12:56)Tarrel Wrote: I'm new here having been recommended by one of your members on another forum.

We have been described as "preppers by default" due to our recent downshifting and change of lifestyle. Looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing some of our experiences.

Please have a look at our blog.

Cheers!

Tarrel

Hi from glasgow
2 October 2012, 13:33,
Hello and welcome. Hope you find what you are looking for here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 October 2012, 13:41,
Greetings from the other end of the country my friend. I have just been sniffing around your blog, very interesting reading for sure. Smile I think you are certainly "on the right track" & I am impressed with your progress in your new community.

Good luck in the future.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 20:45,
welcome from wales enjoy the site
2 October 2012, 21:11,
Thanks for the welcome messages folks. Much appreciated.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 October 2012, 22:40,
Hi and welcome .. House is looking good :0)
2 October 2012, 23:16,
(2 October 2012, 22:40)Aelf Wrote: Hi and welcome .. House is looking good :0)

Thanks. We like it. It's in a good spot; hunkered down and well sheltered against some of the stormy weather we get up here. The only downside is that it's a bit lower-lying than I'd like. You can probably see from the pics on the blog that the left hand end (viewed from the front) is partly below street level. That said, there's no history of flooding in the area, it's off the SEPA flood risk map and it's high enough to avoid anything other than a MAJOR storm surge from the sea (I think).

Left hand downstairs room is my designated fall-out shelter room. 2 foot thick stone walls, partly under ground, in conjunction with a "protect and survive" style inner refuge should keep the gamma rays out. Nearest targets are 25 miles away, the other side of a hill.