Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
2 October 2012, 13:47,
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
Good place to drop this post I just finished I reckon

Clever Caches
Northern Raider © 2012

In the past I have chatted about places people cache extra supplies because many folks think they all have to be buried in containers in some corner of a distant field. Though that is OK it’s by far not the only place to cache supplies

I know people who keep extra at work, down their allotments ( under the shed) In the bottom or under water butts ( note that scruffy looking old box that the water butt is stood on) some folks have sunk cache containers in their garden ponds, others in bags hung in the upper limbs of large evergreen shrubs.

Folks hide them down manholes and storm drain covers tied to the maintenance ladders (in that case the owner only puts them in place during times of high political tension and brings em home again when things quiet down).

As mentioned above hidden in sealed containers under garden sheds, behind false walls in the house, they rent space in U-Store 24 hr lock up places, In lockers at work, at grannies house in her unused outhouse.

I’ve even seen some in plain view types such as in large dining room tables that are constructed from a perimeter frame with a work top fixed to the top, the owner fixed a bottom panel to the underside and thus ended up with a 5 ft 6 by 4 ft by 8 inch compartment in which to hide supplies.

Another devious git simply erected and fitted another outside toilet / sink waste 8 inch wide soil pipe to the side of his house, it wasn’t connected to anything and its base was only sunk a few inched into the ground, the only “tell” was the stainless steel screws securing the plastic brackets to the walls, It was full of sealed tubes of essential extras.

But today that same devious git surpassed himself, he just send me a brief video of him standing in his back garden leaning against the wall drinking a cupper and asking me to try and spot his newest cache. Yeah I know it’s not fare cos I was not there in person to scrutinise but let’s remember the average scavenging sheeple also won’t be using a trained eye to seek hidden supplies he will be looking for easy to grab on view supplies to feed his starving family.

Anyway I scanned the vid and nothing sprang out, so I printed a few stills and scoured them (what a bloody waste of good ink and photo paper, won’t do that again).

I honestly could not see anything out of the norm, no skid marks from his shed, no extra pipes against the wall, nothing, his pond looked normal but he had that all knowing smug git look on his face.

So eventually and reluctantly I gave in and asked him.

He sent me a picture back of his back wall by his kitchen, dog, brush and shovel, kids bike, washing basket, 3 different coloured wheeley bins, recycling green tub, potted strawberries and him with that smug grin I want to slap off his face .

Short and sweet version OK, It was one of the wheely bins !!!!!!, I never gave it a second glance but one of his wheeley bins contained three blue tubs with extra supplies in each, concealed by a false cardboard base with a few scraps of household rubbish thrown on for good measure. Because the bins are in his back garden behind locked gates the council don’t come for them, they have to be wheeled out onto the front pavement to be emptied, thus that wheeley bin never goes anywhere.
It just sits there in plain sight unnoticed and of no interest to passing eyes cept as some place for his dog to cock its leg against.

Hidden in plain sight, inspirational and annoying as f……..
NR

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming. - by NorthernRaider - 2 October 2012, 13:47