Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
3 October 2012, 18:03,
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
In "an event" TPBT will pass some emergency powers act or enact something they already passed that gives the local authorities some vague power such as "power to do whatever is necessary to ensure that people receive food and water". Sounds good until you realise what it really means.
Then the local authorities will "employ" whatever thugs they need to do a door to door search in order to "ensure a fair distribution of resources".
There will be lots of hungry unemployed people just lining up to get a 30 minute lecture and an arm band to join the "redistribution force" and come knocking (or just as likely kicking) on your door. Their pay need be nothing more than some of the food they collect.

Right now it's more convenient to have all my preps in a cupboard in the kitchen but if it goes down hill it'd be wise to hide some of them.
For now it would be a good idea to think about where you'd hide them if you'd need to.

What scares me is that if the UK was unable to import food we wouldn't have enough to go round, if we "redistributed" it we'd surely run out for everyone. I can even see the "redistribution force" taking the seed crops from the farmers because they "need them" this year ensuring an even worse disaster the following year.
During the potato famine families ended up eating some of their seed potatoes which ensured a poor harvest the following year even if that year the blight was mild.

So I'm not burying food in the garden today, but I am thinking about where I might bury it if things went downhill.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming. - by Skvez - 3 October 2012, 18:03