Food price rise/shortage
http://m.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oc...pe=article
6 October 2012, 06:31,
RE: Food price rise/shortage
thats why we prep
6 October 2012, 09:28,
its one of the reasons why we prep.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 09:31,
Got talking to two sheeple on thursday. The first one said the collapse of the eu wont affect us at all, everything will stay the same. The second wasnt even aware the eu was on the verge of going under. So you can imagine everyones faces when stuff goes on and it affects them, whys there no food in asda?

Speaking of shops has anyone elses shops been unusualy under stocked?
6 October 2012, 09:37,
(6 October 2012, 09:31)Metroyeti Wrote: Got talking to two sheeple on thursday. The first one said the collapse of the eu wont affect us at all, everything will stay the same. The second wasnt even aware the eu was on the verge of going under. So you can imagine everyones faces when stuff goes on and it affects them, whys there no food in asda?

Sheeple no longer amaze me, they seem to permanently have "their heads in the sand" or is it up their arses?? no problem with stocks in my shops, i do however notice Lidl's stock of corned beef is smaller than usual, apart from that looks normal.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 09:56,
(6 October 2012, 09:31)Metroyeti Wrote: Got talking to two sheeple on thursday. The first one said the collapse of the eu wont affect us at all, everything will stay the same. The second wasnt even aware the eu was on the verge of going under. So you can imagine everyones faces when stuff goes on and it affects them, whys there no food in asda?

Aye and its bloody amazing just how endemic that attitude is across the mainstream sheeple society.

I've spotted two linked trends up here, more people bulk buying from places like Makro ( I've got an old school friend in the store) and far less bulk offers on imported stuff like yank flour, Indian rice etc. I note packs are getting smaller in ordinary supermarkets but prices stay the same. I note basic essentials milk, bread, cheese, flour, spuds, veg, chooks etc getting more expensive, I note less bulk buy deals !!!!!!. Worrisome.

6 October 2012, 10:00,
It made me laugh he said we dont do enough trade with europe to affect us. Makes you wonder why were in the eu then?

6 October 2012, 11:51,
A mid sized shop for me and fiancé costed £97ish!!! Isn't that scary?!?!?

I remember posting about 6 months ago about how the price of peanut butter had increased from 49p to 92p. Looks like things are not getting better.....as we all said it wouldn't back then.

If you're wrong, you're paranoid. If you're right, you're a prophet!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 October 2012, 12:00,
I know what you are saying Scythe13.... A shopping trolly of a weeks "essentials" for me, H.W.M.B.O. & my dog cost us around £40-£50 a few (3-4) years ago... now it is well over double.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
6 October 2012, 13:07,
(6 October 2012, 12:00)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I know what you are saying Scythe13.... A shopping trolly of a weeks "essentials" for me, H.W.M.B.O. & my dog cost us around £40-£50 a few (3-4) years ago... now it is well over double.

H.w.m.b.o. ??