Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
build groups together
7 October 2012, 01:29,
build groups together
here's a thought?
how about we all list the town we live in or if it's a village the close is't town then if we all do that we can find each other that's close is't to us and start make networks and friends building up trust then if the shit happened we could if want have a joint plan to help each other
so can every one reply with their thoughts
because i think some people might want a close network of like minded people
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 October 2012, 01:37,
RE: build groups together
Sorry GOM.

I'm more than happy to give my basic area , but my exact loc is going to be kept offline as much as is possible.

Mobile phone GPS tracks and locations don't faze me in the slightest - if a threat arrives my gps and mobile will be offline or not used in realtime. Same goes for the security issues regarding online social networking , if a dedicated trace was being done on you then it is only to easy to piece together snippets of info to ascertain a targets approx location.

So why make it even easier for anyone wanting to trace you by giving out the info direct ?

Not for me mate , I'm in the centre of the 'waist' of Scotland.
CH 8 PMR.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
7 October 2012, 02:00,
i wasn't after anyone exact loc more a ruff loc like say ( rambo from manchester) or mike from glasgow just so somebody who lives say 10,20 or whatever miles from them could pm them and arrange a meet in a public place. to help establish who could be friend or foe.
i understand the need for opsec but if the clever people wanted anyone of us it would be very easy to locote.
i know the bristol lot have meets so the build up networks that they can use off line. and there is always a risk with people but the fact is your chance of sucsess grows with a bigger group in all ways
just think joe bloggs who lives 5 miles from you could think just like you?
you both use the internet and talk to each other by your user names and opsec is so guarded that you don't know how close you two are the the shit hits the fan you two survive and by chance stumble on each other?
now being the careful people you are there is no trust or friendship and a 50/50 chance you might get killed.
but if you knew he lived 5 mile away and established contact before an event and a friendship made things would be different or you know joe bloggs is a nutter and one to watch out for.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 October 2012, 06:55,
i see where your coming from gom sort of like narrow down the area your from rather than the exact area such as tigs south yorkshire or tigs Manchester area rather than tigs Headingley leeds NW
7 October 2012, 08:29,
Bristol has a pretty good network where people are already connected.

I'm in Taunton now, but will keep in touch with those whose numbers I still have (changed my phone + Number). If you're from the Bristol area, just drop me a PM and I'll give you my new number....if we've already met. I'm quite cautious about giving my number out.....no offence to anyone new from the Bristol area that I've not met.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 October 2012, 11:13,
I'll just say i'm in North West Devon, north of the north of Dartmoor, saying the name of the town would give away my exact location, i'm 30 miles West of Exeter and 40 miles North of Plymouth right in the Centre/middle of Devon.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 October 2012, 14:13,
well im in glasgow it could be helpful to know other preppers in the area maybe have time and place to meet in times of disaster etc.
7 October 2012, 14:34,
Well I'm in North Lincs, always happy to meet on nuetral ground, especially if it is the local pubRolleyes
7 October 2012, 17:39, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2012, 17:52 by Wildman.)
my home location will remain secret but i'm !always! roaming the out skirts of hastings and am happy to meet/create a group of preppers that are close for meets,training,planning ect
i think what gom is saying is that once small local groups are formed and trusts are made up and down the country that the groups could start meeting with other suk formed groups and so on. it would make sence if done right.
infact if thats not prepping then i dont know what is!!!! nice one gom!!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
7 October 2012, 17:59, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2012, 18:00 by BrixhamBadger.)
I remember, not so long ago, trout fishing in Buckshole Reservoir, Alexandra Park. Wink
....only caught carp though.... no trout...!!!
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue