Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC News on Solar Storms
10 October 2012, 23:02,
BBC News on Solar Storms
I was watching the BBC a few minutes ago, and one of the last pieces of news was on how violent solar storms "could" cause damage to "some" satellites, affecting GPS accuracy. At no point did they mention the power grid. Do you think they are withholding info from the unwashed masses? The scientist interviewed also failed to mention anything, though if she did it would probably just get cut out.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
10 October 2012, 23:13, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2012, 23:15 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: BBC News on Solar Storms
paul try this. set up your compass , and clock the the readings for 1 month ( and log the readings ) that will give you something to think about! A GOOD INDICATIOR TO BO folks !
and yes i did watch it paul
10 October 2012, 23:19,
If it hits the power grids then watch, it takes up to 1 year to build a transformer mayhem here we come
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
10 October 2012, 23:21, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2012, 23:22 by Straight Shooter.)
that reminds me pm more wood more bottled gas ...... cheers !
SORRY PAUL I MENT TIBBS
11 October 2012, 08:45,
(10 October 2012, 23:02)Tibbs735 Wrote: I was watching the BBC a few minutes ago, and one of the last pieces of news was on how violent solar storms "could" cause damage to "some" satellites, affecting GPS accuracy. At no point did they mention the power grid. Do you think they are withholding info from the unwashed masses? The scientist interviewed also failed to mention anything, though if she did it would probably just get cut out.

that because they have it all in hand dont worry keep paying your taxs and they will sort it Exclamationoh shit time to worry
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 October 2012, 08:53,
Thats exactly what happened to Vancouver in the 80s, A CME created a EMP surge that came down the EM field near the north pole and toasted Vancouver in mid winter.