Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruit n Veg prices soar 50%
11 October 2012, 09:10,
Fruit n Veg prices soar 50%
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-over.html

11 October 2012, 09:14,
RE: Fruit n Veg prices soar 50%
bound to happen with the harvest (or lack of it) this year, and anyone have you ever seen prices go down, once they go up they stay up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2012, 09:55,
Just another reason to use your local market. I recently did a price comparison, and the market were 30% cheaper for my fruit and veg than Sain$burys. The quality is better and more of the produce was grown in Britain. I couldn't wrap my head round the fact that Sain$bugs were selling African Runner Beans, when English beans were available for less!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
11 October 2012, 10:49,
we grow or buy locally all our fruit and veg, we only buy veg in supermarkets in the winter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2012, 14:09,
(11 October 2012, 09:55)TOF Wrote: Just another reason to use your local market. I recently did a price comparison, and the market were 30% cheaper for my fruit and veg than Sain$burys. The quality is better and more of the produce was grown in Britain. I couldn't wrap my head round the fact that Sain$bugs were selling African Runner Beans, when English beans were available for less!

Couldn't agree more! I started using our local market for all fruit/veg and most of my meat six months ago and save bucket loads! Not only that but the market has better quality/taste also. Today I bought 12 packs of bacon for £5 (run out of date today) but thats nothing I can't handle. 2kg of chicken for £10 and thats the usual price! can't get that in Tesco!
11 October 2012, 14:13,
After a terrible summer in the garden, I'm looking at buying veg for the first time in years.
So far the limp, refrigerated stuff I've seen in Asda has me looking for dry stuff.
And you're quite right about prices.
I'd forgotten how much veg was.
Market on Saturday is looking good.

11 October 2012, 16:05,
I think its affected by fashion by the yummy mummies. If somethings the new super dupa health food the price rises ie the guji berries
11 October 2012, 18:14,
If we have another bad winter this year we'll be lucky if we can afford the basics next spring
I'm thinking it's time to double the amount of tins I'm currently buying!
Respect existence or expect resistance!