Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from reading :)
19 October 2012, 10:23,
Hello from reading :)
Hi, I've been sneaking around on this forum, well this whole site in general actually for a few weeks now. I figured it was about time to introduce myself...

My names Chris and I'm a 26 year old lad from reading, up until a few weeks ago I was just like all of the other oblivious people you see walking around. Recently though I've been thinking more and more about the way the world is changing and it's made me think about what I would do to protect my family if the worst happened. And here I am.

I'm totally brand new to prepping, and this whole survival lifestyle in general, so if anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

“When an empire fears for its survival, its prime has passed.”
19 October 2012, 10:26,
RE: Hello from reading :)
Hey welcome Smile
19 October 2012, 10:37,
Big Grin Hiya Chris, *~waves towards the east~* enjoy the site but don`t let paranoia get a grip. WinkRolleyesTongue
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
19 October 2012, 10:38,
hi Chris welcome to the forum , a good start is to read the threads theres a lot of great advice on the boards
19 October 2012, 10:46,
welcome to the site dude,

theres an exceptional wealth of knowledge and expertise floating around the site, i dont think ive ever seen a question go unanswered, in fact i dont think ive seen a question asked that hasnt recieved multiple answers xD

feel free to ask away, and read as much as you can Smile prepping can be a hell of alot of fun Smile time to jump down the rabbit hole Wink
19 October 2012, 10:55,
Thanks for the welcome guys, there really is an awful to to get stuck into on here. And I'll try not to let the paranoia get too far :p

19 October 2012, 11:02,
(19 October 2012, 10:55)Sichr20 Wrote: Thanks for the welcome guys, there really is an awful to to get stuck into on here. And I'll try not to let the paranoia get too far :p

can be very daunting ay? when i started i just poked around the bits that interested me, i think the base position most preppers start with is things like basic survival skills, how to start a fire without matches or lighters, all those bushcrafty type things, learning to hunt, what plants are edible etc, then food storage and which foods are long life etc Smile
19 October 2012, 11:18, (This post was last modified: 19 October 2012, 11:19 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 October 2012, 10:23)Sichr20 Wrote: I'm totally brand new to prepping, and this whole survival lifestyle in general, so if anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

1 Welcome
2 take your time, dont go mad
3 dont go spending money like mad
4 read first, panic later
5 make a plan
6 get as far away from Zinzan street as possible Smile

Seriously welcome it can be quite daunting when realisation strikes and you become a prepper, read, make notes, work out what you need, and let us help you.
Oh and looking at Hrusai's post dont mistake prepping for bushcraft and wilderness survival Smile Smile

19 October 2012, 11:39,
Welcome and if you need help just ask. Plenty of good people here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 October 2012, 12:01,
6 get as far away from Zinzan street as possible

Haha I used to live there, thanks for the advice. Although its daunting, I'm not usually known for panicking. I'll just stick to the basics for now Smile