Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fords Southampton Van plant to close
24 October 2012, 13:07,
Fords Southampton Van plant to close
Just breaking on Sky their Transit Van plant is to be closed, thats gonno hurt that town badly.

24 October 2012, 13:44,
RE: Fords Southampton Van plant to close
Another one bites the dust. industry in this country is buggered, feel sorry for all the workers.
24 October 2012, 15:22,
i think i saw on the lunchtime news they are moving production to Spain, probably cheaper labour i presume.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 October 2012, 15:25,
something else to add to the list of things we used to make.
25 October 2012, 21:13,
@BigPaul, production is already happening in Turkey and the rest of the work the Southampton plant did, will be shipped there.

Ever since Ford built the factory in Turkey, the plants days were numbered.

@NR It will hurt the town, but numbers were down to 500, when my old man worked there, there was around 2000 employees.

As with any business it's profit driven, if you can make the same prduct at half the price, it would be bad business to stay. Nostalgic businesses don't last. You all know this anyways.
25 October 2012, 21:21,
I only bought my bloody transit cos it weas British made and thought obtaining parts after TSHTF would be easier, So next time I'll buy what I wanted an Iveco Daily.

25 October 2012, 21:55,
And now they say we're out of a recession............what planet are they living on!!!!
25 October 2012, 21:56,
Wernt they saying that last year?
25 October 2012, 21:59,
I dont think the recession has even started to bite yet, Germanys economy is slowing down and the new French governments plans are not working either. I think the flood of Euros going to Southern Europe will stop sooner or later, THEN TSWHTF

25 October 2012, 22:19,
Yep, this "out of recession" crap is for the sheeple masses......little do they realize!