Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skills Section
29 October 2012, 14:46,
Skills Section
Refound a great load of old videos I'd forgotten about, but would love to have somewhere to post them.

How about a 'skills' Section, or an Escape and Evasion section?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 14:47,
RE: Skills Section
sounds like they'd fit in nicely with the security section methinks
29 October 2012, 14:50,
(29 October 2012, 14:47)Hrusai Wrote: sounds like they'd fit in nicely with the security section methinks

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure. Not sure whether SD wants escape and evasion skills, tactical driving, and other things like that, as being in the Security section. Mainly because they're very much "I'm going to F**K your Security System" type things haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 14:54,
well we talk about alot of other hypotheticals...and the whole escape and evasion is a part of self defence, if being pursued by raiders or some such then having those skills will be very useful...if they are also the sorta things that are useful when F**King someones security then happy accident Big Grin

i look at it the same way i see thermite, its a chemistry skill, but can be used to break through heavy locks Smile
29 October 2012, 21:10,
Depemds what they are. Put E&E in security and any others in an appropriate slot.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 October 2012, 16:19,
(29 October 2012, 14:50)Scythe13 Wrote:
(29 October 2012, 14:47)Hrusai Wrote: sounds like they'd fit in nicely with the security section methinks

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure. Not sure whether SD wants escape and evasion skills, tactical driving, and other things like that, as being in the Security section. Mainly because they're very much "I'm going to F**K your Security System" type things haha.

Looking at it another way, Not E&E but security matters.

Your family is starving and you find yourself outside a locked store house loaded with food, fuel, and other essentials.
No one dared to discuss lock busting and defeating electronic locks on a forum as it's not considered "politically correct".
So all you can do is look.

Who's at fault (if it's the blame game you want to play)?
  1. You for not learning how to defeat the security.
  2. The person too afraid or politically correct to post the information.
  3. Or the person who wouldn't allow it to be published. (Happily not here though)
After all the Internet has all the information you'll need from cooking eggs to building a nuke.
It's just scattered all over the place.

Whether you choose to use that information illegally or just keep it in mind to save your life, it doesn't matter.

IMO, if it saves one persons life (especially me and mine), it's good information and worth posting.
Even if that posting is just a link to a relevant site.

30 October 2012, 16:20,
By gum you are still in full grump mode , I hope your OK.
NR

30 October 2012, 18:29,
Grumpy NR?
Not at all.
This is one of the few forums where common sense shines through.

The majority of the other limp wristed UK sites are so scared of discussing the real world I'm surprised they haven't been renamed to "Jam makers extraordinary" than have the cheek to describe themselves as a resource for preppers and survivalists.

30 October 2012, 20:22,
(30 October 2012, 18:29)Paul Wrote: Grumpy NR?
Not at all.
This is one of the few forums where common sense shines through.

The majority of the other limp wristed UK sites are so scared of discussing the real world I'm surprised they haven't been renamed to "Jam makers extraordinary" than have the cheek to describe themselves as a resource for preppers and survivalists.

We lightheartedly and without malice refer to one of em as Unwanted Knitting Patterns, but only in fun nothing nasty Smile

31 October 2012, 19:16,
another way i look at it is if you know and understand how to counteract security measures then you know how to reinforce your own security to defend against someone else breaking them Smile

....if i understand how to break a lock with a thermite packet i then know that 2 doors or an extra thick door should help against someone else doing the same thing Smile