• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty bomb threat real
1 November 2012, 11:47,
Dirty bomb threat real
Were not mad after all

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nline.html
1 November 2012, 11:48,
RE: Dirty bomb threat real
No we are definately not mad, city dwellers who know of the threat and still stay in the city are barking mad though.

1 November 2012, 13:36,
I don't think this is much of a suprise to most of us. Still all we can do is prep
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
1 November 2012, 13:52,
A dirty bomb is as simple to make as a pipe bomb. The only difference is that a dirty bomb has some radioactive material, which is easily stolen from an x-ray machine. A muslim, working in a hospital or doctor surgery, or even a dentists........that would never happen. We should be safe then.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 November 2012, 13:58,
I hope no one takes offence and I'm sorry if you do
Its not just the muslims we have to worry about what about white supremists and lone wolfs an ordinary joe could do it as well proberly unlikely but its still a possible threat
1 November 2012, 14:00,
(1 November 2012, 13:58)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I hope no one takes offence and I'm sorry if you do
Its not just the muslims we have to worry about what about white supremists and lone wolfs an ordinary joe could do it as well proberly unlikely but its still a possible threat

Yup, Islamists, neo nazis, animal rights extremists even anti nuclear extremists theres plenty of loons out there.

1 November 2012, 14:02,
Yes that's true those were the only ones I could think of
1 November 2012, 14:08,
David copland stupid bnp/nf set off a few nail bombs in london about 12 years ago
1 November 2012, 14:09,
There are loads out there that can cause chaos, and loads that want to.

I put it down to a process of elimination.

Neo-Nazi's, semi organised, but are not too bothered with the average Brit. They're more interested in their war and wouldn't effect the typical UK citizen (I'm not supporting the Nazi's by the way)
White Supremacists, same as the Nazi's, but less organised. Again, the concept of collateral damage would stop them doing such a thing. They're more likely to bomb a school or Mosque.
Animal Rights....I'd be stunned they'd do that. Could see them blowing stuff up, but couldn't see a dirty bomb being used.
Anti-Nuclear....Yeah, I could see them doing that. As a way to 'Show the dangers of nuclear waste'
Lone Wolf...not sure about this one. If a doctor or whoever has access to the radioactive crap, goes nuts, I could see that happening.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 November 2012, 14:13,
Heck I have seen equally violent and mindless acts of violence from the Students Union, TUC, and poll tax protestors, anyone with a grudge will eventually resort to excessive violence, thats why I try to keep as much distance as I can from places they live, work and are likely to target.