Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How prepared are you? Prepper survey.
4 November 2012, 17:47,
How prepared are you? Prepper survey.
There is a new interactive poll on the Nat Geo Website :
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/ch...-are-you1/
Now I realize that many people will say that it is not "relevant" for their situation however it is still a very useful tool. It sure points out areas of weakness in your plan. I look forward to your comments.
4 November 2012, 18:07,
RE: How prepared are you? Prepper survey.
I'm going to die as soon as my food runs out by the looks of things 12 to 16 months unless I dig a big bunker.

Anyone up for a bit of digging near Chester?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2012, 19:09,
(4 November 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm going to die as soon as my food runs out by the looks of things 12 to 16 months unless I dig a big bunker.

!2 to 16 months is actually a good score. This poll was based on US society which is mouch more brutal than the UK.
4 November 2012, 19:10, (This post was last modified: 4 November 2012, 19:10 by NorthernRaider.)
I scored 64 8 to 12 months
(4 November 2012, 19:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: I scored 64 8 to 12 months

Not having guns or food growing capacity knocked my score down

4 November 2012, 19:14,
67 score 8-12 months needs more firearms which as we all know we cant and a hard shelter of some means
Failure is NOT an option
4 November 2012, 19:14,
i didnt do it properly, i'm a bit wary of putting how many guns and how much ammo i've got etc.etc.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2012, 20:19,
Think I'm fooked, 1-2 months, well you can't buy everything in 12 months.
4 November 2012, 20:39,
I know this can be an eye opener. However bear in mind that this is based on US society. There are five categories, water, food, shelter, security and X factor. Not a bad poll really. Even for those who are concentrating on food and water it is a good exercise to take that part of the poll. In the UK because of the prevailing laws you could likely never score too high on security. So if you have any kind of a plan for security that is applicable to your situation revaluate your score out 80 instead of 100 and it should be closer to your preparedness.
4 November 2012, 21:37,
8=12 months got to geet me a bunker and guns by the looks
4 November 2012, 22:56, (This post was last modified: 4 November 2012, 22:59 by Paul.)
Scored 57.
No firearms, poor security, no bOL, no 4x4 BOV, no deep nuke shelter.
Wow, I'm doomed (NOT).

We're going to starve in 4 to 8 months BUT we've planned for 6 months so I suppose that's about right.

As for electricity being essential! We deliberately built our survival plan for no power.
I suppose the yanks need to run essential things like their TV's and blenders more than we do.

Funny only talking about bartering for goods.
I'm guessing that a few of us will be negotiating for what we need with pointy and "bang bang" things.
I suppose that as it's a family show, they can't include that option.

(4 November 2012, 19:09)ICRCC Wrote:
(4 November 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm going to die as soon as my food runs out by the looks of things 12 to 16 months unless I dig a big bunker.

!2 to 16 months is actually a good score. This poll was based on US society which is mouch more brutal than the UK.

Brutal?
If you mean the US has more guns I suppose so yet when push becomes shove here, a knife in the guts is just as effective.