Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These companies oppose gmo labelling...
9 November 2012, 13:29,
These companies oppose gmo labelling...
Sythe you should be interested in this you body builder you....

[Image: 524325_10151190853394388_626205196_n1.jpg]
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 November 2012, 13:36,
RE: These companies oppose gmo labelling...
So, you mean all the big ones that have a controlling stake in our nations prepared foods?

I love the idea of GM crops! Stick it in my coca-cola, my microwave chips, my cornflakes, and my kitkat.

It's really not going to be the end of the world. It just provides more food, more nutrients, and more volume of food per acre of land (nobody bring up that guy that produced 1million lbs of food on a 3 acre plot...we've all seen it).

The thing is, what's so wrong with GM?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 November 2012, 13:37,
(9 November 2012, 13:36)Scythe13 Wrote: The thing is, what's so wrong with GM?

Rolleyes I also would like the answer to this question. Undecided
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 13:42,
(9 November 2012, 13:37)BrixhamBadger Wrote:
(9 November 2012, 13:36)Scythe13 Wrote: The thing is, what's so wrong with GM?
Rolleyes I also would like the answer to this question. Undecided

To the best of my knowledge and results from my own searchings, I've found nothing that says GM is a dangerous crop to eat.

Wait, that's a slight lie. I've found a load of hippies (without university degrees, without even a lab coat or glasses!!! At least buy a pair of glasses and make your dreadlocks seem more intelligent.....damn hippies) that say it's dangerous. But, so far, no doctors, scientists, or even dieticians. One dietician said "We don't know if there will be any long term effects. But just incase, I recommend going organic." I love that logic. Better safe than sorry. Incase there is a car on the road, I don't like to go outside. haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 November 2012, 14:03,
When you genetically modify a crop, all you are doing is growing a new plant from a culture wih one gene altered. It is extremely precise, and everything else about the plant remains unchanged. It's a good idea, and has the potential to help us produce the food we need, but there are probably simpler solutions, like consuming less resources and having less children to reduce the burden.
People cling to the idea of GM because it would allow them to carry on living their "normal" lifestyle.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
9 November 2012, 14:05,
you start messing about with genes and you'll find out! i dont want something from one plant growing in another plant that naturally wouldnt be there, thats why its called"frankenstein food"! you eat it if you like, i'm not going within a country mile of it!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 November 2012, 14:07, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 14:10 by Prepper1.)
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...-know.aspx
http://www.globalresearch.ca/gmo-and-mor...sease/8464
http://www.purefood.org/GEFacts.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environ...rming2.htm
9 November 2012, 14:11,
Confused As I am a tad "in the dark" re: The G.M.O. situation, I just been Googling it & came up with this rather interesting page.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 14:11, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 14:14 by Prepper1.)
http://www.foodmatters.tv/_webapp/The%20...t%20Pretty
Thats a good site, and the lack of long term study and the concerted effort of places like Monsanto who push people to eat gmo crops yet dont allow them in their canteens and only have organic meals in their h.q.
I think that tells you enough in itself.
9 November 2012, 14:38,
Rolleyes Ah.... now methinks that I am a tad more clued up on the subject now Smile thank you guys for the links. [Image: jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic61295-...mbs-up.gif]