Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEET ME, Next Week!
12 November 2012, 22:46,
RE: MEET ME, Next Week!
(12 November 2012, 21:16)Scythe13 Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 20:54)IB1 Wrote: If the notts thing doesn't come off then at least that gives you a chance to pick a decent walk. You could do the SW Coastal path which is near you, or further away like the West highland way etc. You could still do it like you want, no rest or anything, but at least you wont have to be dodging Trucks and other crap at 3 in the morning

You might fall off a cliff or 2 but whats life without a bit of risk Smile

BRILLIANT idea!!! Was thinking along those lines anyway, but being new to the area does make it awkward.

I'm thinking of walking the SouthWest Ultra-Trail route. It's only 100 miles, but would be well worth doing.

The Southwest is a really good trial as it tackles all hills prettymuch straight on as the costline removes 50% of the opportunities for gentler inclines.

I thing this is a far better challenge than the road route you've planned.

Good luck either way
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

13 November 2012, 06:47,
Another option down your neck of the woods is the "Two Moors Way", starts at the bottom end of Dartmoor and finishes at the top end of Exmoor, about 100 miles in total.

http://www.devon.gov.uk/walking/two_moors_way.html

Would definitely be a challenge in the winter especially if the weather turned when you were on the moors
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
13 November 2012, 12:29,
Scythe, did you just pass my house ?

;-)
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
13 November 2012, 22:47,
Well done mate, you just need the right frame of mind, I can remeber a few years back I jacked a job in and walked home in the huff, 100 odd miles and several hours later I was home but still marching around the house and still cursing and swearing. Like I said you just need the right frame of mind.
14 November 2012, 08:01,
[Image: rando.gif] So what is your plan now? Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
14 November 2012, 11:00, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2012, 11:01 by Scythe13.)
I'm going to be following the SouthWest Ultra-Trail (100 miles) route in 2 weekends time. Apparently it's hilly as f**k, and going to be very painful!!! I like the sound of that.
Anyone want to come and join us? The wife is joining in too!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 November 2012, 11:38, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2012, 11:49 by BrixhamBadger.)
I can see a large section of that trail from this window. Wink [Image: jumelles.gif]
https://www.facebook.com/UltraTrailSouthWest
Rolleyes South Devon coastal path, obviously. Big Grin

Confused (before the pedantic amongst you jump on me) Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
14 November 2012, 11:53,
I'll give you a heads up and if you want, you're welcome to pop over and say hi.
14 November 2012, 11:54,
That could be fun... aye, I would like to meet with you. Wink
14 November 2012, 12:00,
Cool. Sounds like a plan.

Not this weekend, next weekend.