Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Yorkers still without power after 12 days
11 November 2012, 15:05,
New Yorkers still without power after 12 days
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...power.html in the richest nation on the planet i can understand their problems, but just imagine the howls of protest if this was the BIG one, WTSHTF and the power was NEVER coming back on....what then??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2012, 16:00,
RE: New Yorkers still without power after 12 days
They would have been cut adrift - everyone one there has recieved some help or knows that help is happening and so have hope. If it was the big one, after a couple of days of nothing happening from government, people would have started killing each other and the initial rampage would have ended by now.
11 November 2012, 16:32,
(11 November 2012, 16:00)BDG Wrote: They would have been cut adrift - everyone one there has recieved some help or knows that help is happening and so have hope. If it was the big one, after a couple of days of nothing happening from government, people would have started killing each other and the initial rampage would have ended by now.

you think the initial mayhem would be over in 12 days?? i dont!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2012, 18:13,
i think you'll be lucky if the madness is over in 12 WEEKS!
11 November 2012, 20:17,
Even after 12 months if the majority aren't dead it would still be hell with power struggles and I don't mean electric or gas
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
11 November 2012, 20:32,
But the government said they would rescue us, wrong way to learn about prepping for the poor people stuck in new york.
11 November 2012, 20:35,
And the daft buggers call us nut jobs I think its the other way around
11 November 2012, 20:51,
Anyone who is willing to put their lives in the hands of the UK or US government get exactly the sort of response they deserve.

11 November 2012, 20:55,
And that will be sweet FA
11 November 2012, 20:56,
(11 November 2012, 16:32)bigpaul Wrote: you think the initial mayhem would be over in 12 days?? i dont!

I think the initial period of mayhem will last 3-6 days from people finding out no one is coming to help. This will be how long it takes for the shops and wharehouses to be looted of the majority of their goods, hospitals and pharmacies to have all worthwhile supplies stolen and for people to factionalise.

It will not be like the riots last year - everyone will be out looting, everyone will be out for themselves, anyone falls over, they are trampled to death, anyone goes down in a fight a hundred fists and boots will be going for them.

What preps do the majority have now? How much will they be able to grab in the first week, the only period where they will have a chance to grab? How much knowledge, skills, levels of physical and mental fitness do they have?

Sure, problems, killings, starvation, disease and shortages for weeks, months, perhaps a couple of years. But the initial period of mayhem will be short.