Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh god the media ridicule has started already !!
16 November 2012, 23:47,
Oh god the media ridicule has started already !!
The backlash from DD preppers UK has already began

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-11-1...-versus-uk

17 November 2012, 00:18,
RE: Oh god the media ridicule has started already !!
i see Malcolm has sold himself out to the media, shame, i used to like watching his videos
17 November 2012, 00:22, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 00:22 by Metroyeti.)
Malcom (johnjayrambo111) armoured cockroach and cavealaska got good youtube channels
There all involved with the show
17 November 2012, 04:36,
And there we have it.
The DDP / RT public face of UK prepping. Blush

Annie from London (Axe and Aggressive Teddy Bear Confused )
and the lethal Swiss army knife on the bed.

Malcolm Bowler from Buckinghamshire (2 airguns, a xbow, and misc. stick bows Rolleyes )

Simon Dillon from Greater Manchester (Lethal Gas generating baked beans Confused and vicious looking chicken Dodgy )
Like his storeroom though, hate the hat.

I had stopped crying with laughter as my sides were hurting too much.
No, no good, I'm laughing again. Gawd that hurts! Big Grin

Somehow I don't think the UK prepping world has anything to worry about. They might have though, especially Anne.
Someone may report her to the Cruelty to Teddy Bears Commission. Poor little mite looks terrified.

17 November 2012, 06:33,
On a serious note, though, what on earth did those folks from the UK go on that channel for???
They have made peppers look even more weird - not that I mind too much but we do not need the attention.
I am sure they would have known that they would end up on the radar and later on become a target of the sheeple...or worse...

Good luck to them...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
17 November 2012, 10:01,
I cannot think of anything positive to say about what these attention seeking people have done, so I wont say any more about it, except I'm soooooo glad I dont know them.

17 November 2012, 10:18,
Wow, it looks like UK Preppers suck when compared to those in the US.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 November 2012, 11:05, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 11:06 by BDG.)
Oh, I think it is more like those that are serious do not want it known about and do not see themselves as preparing for some American version of doomsday, but rather prep without reason for that is what they have done.

A lot would not call themselves preppers or even recognise the term. Perhaps small holder, barterer, hunter, farmer and so on. Probably having same dis interest or scorn as other for those that call themselves preppers and advertise who they are, what they have and where they are.

As I say time and time again, prepping is not having years worth of stuff stored up on shelves, buried in the ground, having loads of gold and silver or anything of the sort. It is having the skills and knowledge. Having some things to hand is good, but I see no reason to go mental and have years worth at a time.
Who is going to watch the show anyway? Preppers and survivalists. Who will read the RT article - not many.
17 November 2012, 11:33,
cant say i'm the slightest bit surprised, the "media"..whether its film,TV or newspapers...will always slant it in their favour to get a good story, if that means making the subjects look like complete idiots then thats what they will do, best to keep out of it and not get involved but it seems you cant tell some people!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 11:39,
Folks will be raiding them when TSHTF!!!

Since they chose to make themselves targets for both the sheeple and TPTB, they will be in the spotlight worse than in anyway they could have thought!

Good luck to them 'cos they will need it! Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.