Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say
20 November 2012, 00:46,
Can I just say
I've been online since 1992 and I've been a member of a huge number of groups over the years and this is one of only a handful where I have felt the welcome to be genuine and where there is no *crap* (not sure what I can or can't say so sorry if I can't and I won't do it again) I know that I am probably very different from you all, you have a lot more experience than I, and I am a middle aged middle class mum, the kind of person that many people would dismiss but none of you did and I am very grateful for that.

20 November 2012, 01:03,
RE: Can I just say
Any middle-aged, middle-class Mum going by the name of Ferret deserves some respect, that's for sure.Smile Just kidding, no offence!

Welcome from another relative newbie in Northern Scotland.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
20 November 2012, 01:04,
We are a very diverse bunch on here and SD has done a wonderful job of running this forum.
NR, LS, GS, Paul, BP, S13 and others new and old really make it tick.
I am a single dad to little boys, others are probably older than middle aged and others are younger than me in my thirties.
As to dismissing you, we would not do that 'cos preppers come in all variations and I mean ALL variations. I might surprise a few folks if they knew my background but that is irrelevant.
As to the language thing, don't worry about it. We all use various expletives...Smile
You have years' more experience in the skills you listed and I have yet to learn most of those!

I hope I have not stolen anyone's words in what I have said but also apologise if anything I have said comes across to anyone as offensive.

Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
20 November 2012, 01:13,
Just read your intro, Ferret. Interesting background and situation you have.

We're 35 miles from Inverness. I wouldn't write off Scotland, especially if you already have a place up here. Great schools, reasonable job opportunities (esp. in the renewables sector), good infrastructure.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
20 November 2012, 01:17, (This post was last modified: 20 November 2012, 01:19 by Ferret.)
(20 November 2012, 01:13)Tarrel Wrote: Just read your intro, Ferret. Interesting background and situation you have.

We're 35 miles from Inverness. I wouldn't write off Scotland, especially if you already have a place up here. Great schools, reasonable job opportunities (esp. in the renewables sector), good infrastructure.

You have no idea how close we came. When we moved down to Durham it was for a 9 month locum. That was 19 years ago. We always intended to move back up north but life etc. Then we got the chance to move to Inverness, where we always to be but children.... we had three children half way through the English GCSE/A level system - it was too late to move. So Sutherland is our escape. All our daughters would die to go to Dornoch Academy but sadly it's not to be Smile

(20 November 2012, 01:03)Tarrel Wrote: Any middle-aged, middle-class Mum going by the name of Ferret deserves some respect, that's for sure.Smile Just kidding, no offence!

Welcome from another relative newbie in Northern Scotland.

If you knew how I came by the name of ferret you would be laughing on the other side of your face! And no I am not going to divulge ;-)
20 November 2012, 08:31,
Welcome to the forum Ferret.

My background.....pampered guy from a well off family, holidays in Walt Disney World, Florida....because I was given a timeshare for Christmas some time back, spent a while on a desert island on my 21st birthday, given a £21k watch for my 21st birthday. I got kicked out of Scouts for being a little bastard. Did modelling for a while (managed a few NEC shows rocking CK undies!!!), stopped modelling when a car crash scared my face....and my legs got too big from the gym....then came bodybuilding, a few years later got into MMA and have 6 fights in the cage. Always had high paying jobs, university educated (only a 2:1, but I didn't work hard for it). Newly-wed (3 weeks now) dad passed away 5 weeks ago. Lost a job paying about £45k 2 weeks ago.......and now I'm a security guard (first day of training today!!! WOOOO!!!!!) living in a small flat (her place) with the love of my life, and I've never been happier....or more prepared.

Background means nothing. The past is just that. It's past. The present and future make you who you are and allow you to become who you want to be.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I know I do.

Great to have you with us.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 November 2012, 10:07,
Belive me Ferret, you are not a lot different from anyone else, we have people here from 16 yrs old to over 60yrs, diversity is what we need here, as we start to improve our skills, we each come forward with our own ideas on things,,.. its these ideas that we need to learn, to make life easier,.. to survive if the worst ever happened
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 November 2012, 10:27,
(20 November 2012, 08:31)Scythe13 Wrote: Welcome to the forum Ferret.

My background.....pampered guy from a well off family, holidays in Walt Disney World, Florida....because I was given a timeshare for Christmas some time back, spent a while on a desert island on my 21st birthday, given a £21k watch for my 21st birthday. I got kicked out of Scouts for being a little bastard. Did modelling for a while (managed a few NEC shows rocking CK undies!!!), stopped modelling when a car crash scared my face....and my legs got too big from the gym....then came bodybuilding, a few years later got into MMA and have 6 fights in the cage. Always had high paying jobs, university educated (only a 2:1, but I didn't work hard for it). Newly-wed (3 weeks now) dad passed away 5 weeks ago. Lost a job paying about £45k 2 weeks ago.......and now I'm a security guard (first day of training today!!! WOOOO!!!!!) living in a small flat (her place) with the love of my life, and I've never been happier....or more prepared.

Background means nothing. The past is just that. It's past. The present and future make you who you are and allow you to become who you want to be.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I know I do.

Great to have you with us.

21k for a watch that is immoral
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
20 November 2012, 10:38, (This post was last modified: 20 November 2012, 10:43 by NorthernRaider.)
Ferret my arse she's a bloody Polecat or Mink at least Smile Shes not a real Scots ferret anyway cos they come in tartan.

As for scythe hes a spoilt brat Smile
I'm just a dad from a working class background terrified of what this nation is becoming, trusting no one from the establishment cos I believe 99.9 % of the public sector are either corrupt, useless, incompetant, immoral, war criminals or worse. The only people I trust are other proven preppers.
Look at the ferret not here 30 seconds and its " Can I say" Nag Nag Nag its never ending Smile
We are all equal on here cept for one dude who owns the joint.

25 November 2012, 14:51,
hay welcome