Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flood warnings for SW Eng & Wales for weekend
20 November 2012, 22:39,
Exclamation  Flood warnings for SW Eng & Wales for weekend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nties.html

20 November 2012, 22:55,
RE: Flood warnings for SW Eng & Wales for weekend
i really feel for these people...a friend of mine flooded out 2 years ago....they built the houses on an old coal mine site
21 November 2012, 09:55, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2012, 10:38 by bigpaul.)
we seem to have had solid rain for the last 24 hours, was on the A30 & A303 yesterday, lashing down with rain, spray everywhere, foggy, and i lost count of the idiots sceaming past at 80/90 mph, WITH NO HEADLIGHTS ON! complete and utter idiots. came back over land, small country back roads mainly and came across a B road that we regularly use,which runs alongside the river, (at Junction pool -scene of "Tarka-the otter"), OH said some time ago "one day we will come along here and the road will have collapsed into the river", well, yesterday was THAT day! road had fallen into the river and was closed in both directions, had to back track and take a side turning onto another road to get home.
flooded roads: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/3595...flood-risk
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 November 2012, 12:31,
just been out in the car, water laying over the road in both directions-passable with care.river is UP to the arches of the bridge.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 November 2012, 13:55,
Don't know about the SW but north hampshire seems to be getting a bit of a battering with rain and high winds, I've just been stood out in it having a ciggy I thouht the shelter was going to collapse and as for tree's I think we may have branches come down and 1/2 trees uprooted.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
21 November 2012, 14:02,
Really feeling for everyone effected by this. I feel bad, it is actually kinda sunny up here, cold but sunny.
Failure is always an option.
21 November 2012, 14:06,
all the ground was saturated BEFORE the most recent rain storms, fields cannot hold any more and the excess is spilling out onto the roads, we are not going to get the warm weather now that would make this water evaporate, if we get a cold spell then all this lot will freeze.