Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gear to go!
29 January 2013, 19:29,
RE: Gear to go!
Tested those Khukri's for Beardy. They're damn sharp!!!

Chopped through a good chunk of wood in the garden! I was very impressed with them! They're not huge and cumbersome either, which makes they ideal.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 January 2013, 10:10,
(29 January 2013, 19:29)Scythe13 Wrote: Tested those Khukri's for Beardy. They're damn sharp!!!

Chopped through a good chunk of wood in the garden! I was very impressed with them! They're not huge and cumbersome either, which makes they ideal.

Yes, very sharp! I peeled my thumb with minimal pressure. Didn't LOOK that sharp, so was pleasantly surprised. Not had chance to use it in anger yet, but they look damn good - I think I prefer these sized ones to the big ones.
30 January 2013, 10:18,
a blunt knife is no good to anyone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 10:27,
(30 January 2013, 10:18)bigpaul Wrote: a blunt knife is no good to anyone.

Indeed. Very few seem to actually come sharp now though. Mora's do, but I've had a few from Hennie that have been unbelievably blunt Sad
30 January 2013, 10:37,
(30 January 2013, 10:27)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:18)bigpaul Wrote: a blunt knife is no good to anyone.

Indeed. Very few seem to actually come sharp now though. Mora's do, but I've had a few from Hennie that have been unbelievably blunt Sad
yeah, most of the knives i've bought have come blunt and i've had to spend some time sharpening them up .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 10:41,
Speaking of sharpening, I got my new sharpening block and strop the other day. Only had a quick play with it. Managed to get the mora we use as a kitchen knife razor sharp. I got a text from the wife the next day saying she's dropped it, and it had stuck in her toe! I asked her why on earth she was in the kitchen using a very sharp knife with no shoes on. I got a bit of abuse for not asking how her toe was, then she said that she did infact have her DCs on, and the blade had gone straight through them - and then into her toe.

Still, she's got 9 more toes, so I wasn't that concerned
1 February 2013, 17:07,
Socks, headovers, blankets, NBC smocks (very warm) and more all online now. Busy all weekend so all orders will be sent out Monday Big Grin
1 February 2013, 18:10,
Good luck with the house swap
1 February 2013, 18:12,
dont let the M-I-L get on your nerves!!Big Grin
1 February 2013, 18:14,
Give her the wrong adress and hide the wifes phone?