Mushroom picking fatality
27 November 2012, 23:48,
Mushroom picking fatality
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...arden.html

Make sure you can safley identify what you pick
28 November 2012, 00:04,
RE: Mushroom picking fatality
Typical. From Somerset!!!

Why do people always look at mushrooms and think...I don't recognise that one from the super markets; maybe we should eat it?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 November 2012, 00:06,
Never tried mushroom picking but would love to be shown. I belive theres a few that you can easily mistake
28 November 2012, 00:22,
I hate mushrooms,.. so at least thats one problem I dont have,...the identification of mushrooms always comes across as a very confusing subject as so many of them look alike
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 November 2012, 07:52,
I'll stick to me nettles and dandelions thankyou
28 November 2012, 08:02,
We pick mushrooms but stick to those we know we know when picking to eat. When picking to learn we pick all the ones we think we don't know and then research. The mistake lots of people make is not to look at the surroundings, type of flora around the mushroom. Useful tip learned from an expert is to take photo in situ and then put in a small paper bag writing as much info as possible on the bag. That way avoid a whole basket of unknown mushrooms with the only information you can remember being "the woods behind the carpark"!
28 November 2012, 09:44,
We are ALL mushrooms, the government keeps us in the dark and feeds us on shit.

28 November 2012, 09:57,
Used to gather horse and field mushrooms on public land but nearly 20 years ago the local authority started a spraying plan to kill fungus - even tho no one had eaten anything bad or got ill. Still have access to some pasture where I can go collecting but you do have to be careful - although I could identify other types, I just dont take the risk
28 November 2012, 10:06,
i went on a fungus course, there are more out there that will kill you than are safe to eat, if you dont know what it is then dont eat it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 November 2012, 18:48,
I have a foolproof method for fungi.

Let somebody else eat it first and if their not dead or 48hrs later in a coma, its safe to eat.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...