Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nat Geo DDP UK
28 November 2012, 23:12,
Nat Geo DDP UK
Wasnt to bad after all, bit to bushcrafty for me and not enough logistical aspects of prepping, but wasnt the massacre I was expecting.

28 November 2012, 23:14,
RE: Nat Geo DDP UK
Quite enjoyed watching that.
Let's see if they will have a British series and not just American ones.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
28 November 2012, 23:17,
Seen a few of the characters wandering round the WG in wilts tother August.

28 November 2012, 23:19,
Cool.
Looks like there will be a UK series then.
28 November 2012, 23:26,
I respected Mr O'tooles viewpoint about being more self reliant as he is fortunate enough to be, but chaps like him are only about 10% of our community, Chaps like him, Tarrel,Highlander, AL etc are stll a lucky minority the ret of us have to work with what we have, and we must always remember than we are all generally looking to survive different threats.
Mr Sanderson appeared to offer the most common sense approach that appealed to my thinking, but again I noted that the entire show almost completely ignored the fact that more and more UK preppers are electing to bug IN, rather than out, I wish they had focused much more on prepping our homes rather than doing bushcraft.
Mr & Mrs Dylan were most like a Brit version of US retreat survivalists, they were very interesting, but the show spent little time with that family and I thought that was a missed opportunity.
The American lady appeared to be looking for for a mate than anything else but credit where credit is due she is making SOME postitive efforts.

At least MRs NR agrees we need a back up PV array system now though Smile

28 November 2012, 23:28, (This post was last modified: 28 November 2012, 23:32 by SealDriver.)
Condoms and a Qu'rans....good grief! It certainly shows that our concerns are very different from our American Cousins though.....not as much firepower either!

Not enough raised beds, Muntjac steaks and dried lentils for my liking.Confused
Very true N.R I would very much prefer to 'Bug in' until forced out. I would prefer to take a leaf out of the 'Border Reivers' book and turn my little home into a Bastle House.

Respect is due to the folks on the show though, very brave, I have done TV programmes in the past and they tend to try to make a prat out of you.

28 November 2012, 23:34,
Agree the american lady seemed to be looking for company! I think a lot of people that do this kind of thing plan to 'bug in' for a few reasons:

1. Englishmans home is his castle
2. Lack of space to go anywhere
3. Poor outdoor experiences in the past - restrictions based on volume of people doing things mean people are less willing to practice skills
4. A feeling any civil unrest will wash past or around them

Stay at home is plan number one for me - set up to go along way to providing a lot of what I need.
28 November 2012, 23:37,

1. Englishmans home is his castle
2. Lack of space to go anywhere
3. Poor outdoor experiences in the past - restrictions based on volume of people doing things mean people are less willing to practice skills
4. A feeling any civil unrest will wash past or around them

[/quote]

5 loads of loons running around the woods playing rambo !! Smile

28 November 2012, 23:44,
Geordie Voice Wrote:Day One after TSHTF and 43,000 people have ran off to their local woods. 38,000 were wearing trainers. 22,000 of these have fallen over and have breaks or sprains that have left them immobile. most of the 43,000 did not bring water proofs and over half of them are in the early stages of hypothermia.

Out of the 73 people who have made a fire, 28 of them slipped and cut themselves with a knife while making tinder from dry branches.

Perhaps it will be something like that.
28 November 2012, 23:46,
(28 November 2012, 23:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: 5 loads of loons running around the woods playing rambo !! Smile

Imagine a bunch hoodlums high on something running around playing at Rambo! That is a very unpleasant thought for me...and I have no way to move to live out of Londonabad so I have to bug in until it becomes impossible. Unless I suddenly have someplace to go with my little Generals...