Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Investors Already Know
28 November 2012, 23:31,
Investors Already Know
Hi Everyone

This is something not many people will know about, but we all realise.

There are a few investment papers, magazines, email lists, and websites that I frequently check or are subscribed to.

They're all saying the same thing right now, which is unusual.

The overall suggestion is that the next few years could easily see the end of the UK economy's recovery, and a downward fall into a deep long lasting depression. They've all said we're going to crash, and we did. They said the crash would last, and it has. What's worse, they're saying it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Throughout history, the economy enjoys a 75 year cycle. Every 75 years will see 2 recessions and 1 depression. It's been a cycle going on for many hundreds of years, and is pretty much accurate enough to set a watch by. Scarily, my watch hasn't stopped. What that means......there is a buffer stopping the depression from happening on time. That buffer is simply...government debt. The amount of lending has gone so far that it has messed with the natural economic highs and lows.

The biggest problem.....this buffer will cause the next downturn (the depression) to hit harder and for longer than it usually would. We are long overdue a depression, and the longer we postpone it, the more damage it will do!!!

Soros warned about it. Buffet warned about it. Trump warned about it. Gates warned about it. Waltons warned about it. Everyone except the government warned us about it.

I would post links, but most are private and can cause me huge issues!

Check the MoneyWeek website if you want to read more.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 November 2012, 23:36,
RE: Investors Already Know
Kiyosaki said the same thing too but I was too darn focused in other areas to grasp the significance of what he said. This was about 10 years ago.
I wish I had started prepping back then! I would have been sorted or at least close to sorted and not in this nasty deathtrap I am currently in...Sad
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
28 November 2012, 23:38,
(28 November 2012, 23:36)Mandlaka Wrote: Kiyosaki said the same thing too but I was too darn focused in other areas to grasp the significance of what he said. This was about 10 years ago.
I wish I had started prepping back then! I would have been sorted or at least close to sorted and not in this nasty deathtrap I am currently in...Sad

Love Kiyosaki.
I think he said it in Prophecy, when he spoke about the retirement of the largest ever babyboom generation.

Looks like someone has a RichDad Wink

Great choice of authors.
28 November 2012, 23:47,
It's a scary thought that a depression could come soon
Thing is things wont change gradually itl be a disaster all at once

I wish I new a while back even what little I know now
28 November 2012, 23:50,
It's not something that will kill millions of people. It'll be hard to deal with, but it won't be an EOTWAWKI scenario. It'll likely just be like the last depression, but more aggressive and last longer.
29 November 2012, 01:37,
The thing that worries me is that the last few generations of UK citizens are not used to doing without, so when they have to the riots we saw in this country last summer will look like a children's tea party in comparison to what is to come, and who is to stop them?
29 November 2012, 07:48,
Mass riots,with a depression and so many starving and needing to be provided for by the government whos going to give them the money,because printing more would be pointless
29 November 2012, 09:27,
The pound will have to be devalued, replaced, or to have the amount in circulation drastically reduced.

The reason none of the other countries have lost faith or stopped trading in certain currencies is simply because we keep pumping the system full of fiat currency to keep us afloat. Scarily, this is the same reason why I WOULD stop trading in a currency.

The biggest problem is that there is no course of action that doesn't lead to an increase in the value of gold or silver, or any other precious metal. That's a problem because...well, it's not a problem for me. But it will be a problem for everyone that has not set aside a reasonable amount of precious metals.

If the pound is devalued, people will (if intelligent) go for more precious metals. If the pound has it's value increased, the prices of precious metals will stay the same, but their buying power increases. This is what I call........Scythe13's winning cycle. You can't lose, from how I see it (which may be wrong.......I say this for legal purposes, as my advice is not investment advice, and is given for entertainment purposes only......check out that legal spiel!!!)
29 November 2012, 09:36,
Actually I'm pretty certain one of the fathers of modern prepping and survivalism Mel Tappan wrote a similar conclusion in the late 70s.

29 November 2012, 11:48,
I've been reading your postings S13 about banks, the eu and about possible depression and I think your right but I think we maybe in now, I've been buying silver jewellry I know silver doesn't make a lot but I can use it to barter if need be.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.