Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALERT Solid reason to store supplies and filter water
3 December 2012, 12:35,
Exclamation  ALERT Solid reason to store supplies and filter water
Ok Ladies, Gents and SD, look at this article and just consider this, imagine if some bad guy managed to access a water treatment plant and managed to turn up the amount of Aluminium Sulphate or whatever it is into the water supply. About 15 years ago a water company in Devon had an accident where a chap accidentally tipped Aluminium something into the wrong tank and its severely injured hundreds of people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...itain.html

3 December 2012, 12:40,
RE: ALERT Solid reason to store supplies and filter water
(3 December 2012, 12:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ok Ladies, Gents and SD, look at this article and just consider this, imagine if some bad guy managed to access a water treatment plant and managed to turn up the amount of Aluminium Sulphate or whatever it is into the water supply. About 15 years ago a water company in Devon had an accident where a chap accidentally tipped Aluminium something into the wrong tank and its severely injured hundreds of people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...itain.html

it was Cornwall, it was Camelford, not the sort of place any terrorism knows even exists much less knows where it is! but i can see a similar event happening in the midlands for instance, but wouldnt big city water supplies be under more security, more locks etc.etc.??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2012, 13:20,
It is not about physical access, it is about people accessing the utility companies computer systems via the internet and manipulating equipment. A way around this would be for them to have their own networks independent of public infrastructure.
3 December 2012, 13:56,
(3 December 2012, 13:20)BDG Wrote: It is not about physical access, it is about people accessing the utility companies computer systems via the internet and manipulating equipment. A way around this would be for them to have their own networks independent of public infrastructure.

In this time of reduced funding and shortcuts, it is or it soon will be the perfect time for something like this to happen in the major cities and thus lay low A LOT of sheeple...

It won't matter if it due to terrorist activity or an internal error. many will still die or be injured.

Thanks a lot, NR. You just raised my paranoia by a few more notches...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
3 December 2012, 14:11,
there's being paranoid and being VERY paranoid! if this were to happen at the techno level, then there is not a damn thing we can do about it happening, we can filter water after the event but we cant actually stop it from occuring.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2012, 14:13,
Its happened before in the US and in south america, the later was terrorists and the former was criminals

3 December 2012, 14:24,
Then we do need to prepare for it happening.
3 December 2012, 14:35,
(3 December 2012, 14:24)Mandlaka Wrote: Then we do need to prepare for it happening.

what are the chances of it happening? all we've heard is it happened 3 times/twice was accidental and once was criminal in how long? 15years?20years? 25years? i think its very low on the event scale, i still think terrorists will go for bombs every time, maybe suicide bombers, this is too low key for them, not enough PR, get yourself a filter bottle and stock some water, and stop worrying!!
3 December 2012, 14:40,
I hear you, BP, but what if it did happen?
Those terrorists may not always go for the high PR thing but can always change their modus operandi.Besides, taking this course would seriously impacvt a lot more folks than any bomb.
Just my thoughts but I may be wrong...
3 December 2012, 14:45,
(3 December 2012, 14:40)Mandlaka Wrote: I hear you, BP, but what if it did happen?
Those terrorists may not always go for the high PR thing but can always change their modus operandi.Besides, taking this course would seriously impacvt a lot more folks than any bomb.
Just my thoughts but I may be wrong...

like i said, get yourself a filter bottle and store some water, then stop worrying about it and get on with your life. i think there are SOME people on this site that just love getting others paranoid. all any of us can do in ANY event is to prep as best we can and can afford, we can NEVER cover all events and scenarios.