• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
This could happen here
3 December 2012, 13:00,
This could happen here
So how are you going to prep for it.

http://news.sky.com/story/1019710/russia...raffic-jam

3 December 2012, 14:15,
RE: This could happen here
this is why i dont use motorways, once you'r on them unless you stop by an off ramp you have no way of getting off and you'r stuck there. on smaller roads there is ALWAYS some way to detour around the obstruction.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2012, 14:22,
(3 December 2012, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: this is why i dont use motorways, once you'r on them unless you stop by an off ramp you have no way of getting off and you'r stuck there. on smaller roads there is ALWAYS some way to detour around the obstruction.

Yes indeedy, Sir!

But that is horrible.
Folks who do drive need to start prepping for such an occurrence and make sure to pack food and water, blankets, extra clothes etc in their vehicles if they ever plan on using a motorway....
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
3 December 2012, 14:28,
unless you only drive locally,say 20 mile radius of home, you should always have food and water(chewy bars and a bottle of water minimum), have a blanket or throw stuffed under the seat and wear appropriate clothing and have a warm jacket and a HAT(you lose 60% of your body heat through the top of your head) the amount of people i see even in winter getting out of a car in shirt sleeves makes me wonder about the sanity of the human race.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2012, 14:43,
Sadly there will always be those who do not think sensibly as they should.
Funny but that is not even prepping! it is merely commonsense forethought...
3 December 2012, 14:48,
(3 December 2012, 14:43)Mandlaka Wrote: Sadly there will always be those who do not think sensibly as they should.
Funny but that is not even prepping! it is merely commonsense forethought...

common sense seems to be the thing that most of the human race seem to sadly lack! come the SHTF it will be that which will kill more people than any pandemic or EMP or whatever.
3 December 2012, 15:11,
The more I think on these issues, the bigger will be the die-off.
It will be so awful.
my finances currently do not allow me to prep as quickly or extensively as I would like and I am so annoyed to see folks go chasing after the latest vehicles, biggest LED tv's etc but allocate so few funds to storing food, water etc.
I take my kids to school and see some of the other parents seemingly vying with each other for kudos on buying ever bigger screens, TV's cars etc. I speak of teching kids about basic survival skills and I get weird looks like I was mad...

The die-off really will be awful.
3 December 2012, 15:15, (This post was last modified: 3 December 2012, 15:16 by NorthernRaider.)

The more I think on these issues, the bigger will be the die-off.
It will be so awful.

ONLY FOR YOU IF YOU DONT PROTECT YOUR TWO GENERALS

my finances currently do not allow me to prep as quickly or extensively as I would like and I am so annoyed to see folks go chasing after the latest vehicles, biggest LED tv's etc but allocate so few funds to storing food, water etc.

DONT RUSH, USE COMMON SENSE AND GOOD JUDGEMENT IN YOUR PREPS

I take my kids to school and see some of the other parents seemingly vying with each other for kudos on buying ever bigger screens, TV's cars etc. I speak of teching kids about basic survival skills and I get weird looks like I was mad...

LET EM GET ON WITH IT< THERE LIFE CHOICE.

The die-off really will be awful.

YOUR OBLIGATION IS TO SURVIVE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR TWO LITTLE GENERALS STOP THINKING ABOUT SHEEPLE

Mandy why worry about people you dont know and who dont know or care about you, Your job is to stay focused and take sensible, affordable wise precautions to ensure your children survive and thrive, Stop worrying about the rest of society they have made their choices.

3 December 2012, 15:45,
I hear you, NR.
I just vented a bit but I certainly am not losing sleep over a load of stupid sheeple.
As to prepping, it will continue despite my having to go it slowly - very slowly. It has turned out to be a blessing 'cos I have thankfully avoided throwing my limited finances after the wrong things. And it gives me the chance to re-check plans as I go. Thankfully the kids are learning the little I currently know and am trying to pass to them.
I am so thankful that I live half an hour's walk from their school and don't need a road to get there if I have to do so in an event. Hopefully my new job will be within reasonable distance to my home and the school.
Ultimately we do need to leave this deathtrap city...
As to the die-off being awful, it certainly will be but only because the numbers will be huge.

My boys are the only people I have any obligations and responsibility to so that will be good for me...

by the way, I need some clarification on water filters please.
I am more confused after checking out the Avensoft site.
Am not sure which of the candle types to get as I have not got any clearer info.
Then there is the Berkfield...

I know this is in the wrong area of the forum but I would really appreciate any clarification you can give me.
3 December 2012, 15:51,
i have a LifeSaver water purifier bottle, a bit cheaper than a Berkfield but does a bit less in quantity at a time, see what you can google, i bought mine cheaper on Ebay.