Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The cities that never sleep
6 December 2012, 14:45,
The cities that never sleep
arent they gonna be in for a shock when the lights go off?? Big Grin : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...night.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 15:18,
RE: The cities that never sleep
just a little

Will be interesting to see the sky at night with no light pollution again
6 December 2012, 15:34,
move to the countryside then!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 15:37,
would if I could ....... the only way that will happen soon is winning the lottery Smile
6 December 2012, 15:41,
you'll notice the quieter places are the ones AWAY from the cities.
6 December 2012, 22:35,
I could never live in a town, let alone a city,... my first military posting when I was a wee laddie was to,.. what was then the biggest city in the world, Singapour,...it scared the life out of me,... never lived in a place that has more than 20 people since
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 December 2012, 22:50,
I've been moving out of cities for years

grew up in Manchester suburbs
move to a big town that got made into a city (Preston)
then moved to a town in East Lancs where I am now

near the south edge of the town and the local moors are on 10 mins walking away

If I ever get the chance I'll be going for a house that is remote as possible but I can't see that happening too soon

and this has been in my mind for years and not due to me getting into prepping recently
6 December 2012, 22:59,
Fascinating. Thanks for posting.

I find the picture of Korea particularly interesting. Reminds me of when I did a trip to Poland as a kid with my Dad (1960's). We went by train, and had to pass through West and East Berlin, at night. As we crossed the Wall, the difference in light levels between the two was striking, even for a 10 year old.

Glad I live in a dark bit. Not as dark as Highlander's area though!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.