Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Duma Begs TV Stations Not To Encourage End of the World Hysteria
5 December 2012, 20:14, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2012, 20:16 by Prepper1.)
Duma Begs TV Stations Not To Encourage End of the World Hysteria
With regard to the "worry" I had not about the end of the world but the people that believe in it happening, here's a bit more intel on that.
Even if you don't like infowars the article is good reading

http://www.infowars.com/duma-begs-tv-sta...-hysteria/
and I quote this bit in particular..."Duma politicians also highlighted “a surge in the amount of consumer credit and the turnover of retail chains, which unmistakably points to soaring hysteria,” accusing swindlers of exploiting the paranoia for personal profit".
NASA also recently warned that there are very real threats surrounding the Mayan prophecies that have nothing to do with the end of the world, cautioning that people who are already prone to suicide or other acts of violence could be spurred to carry out such acts as a consequence of the hysteria being generated by doomsday hype.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 December 2012, 20:32,
RE: Duma Begs TV Stations Not To Encourage End of the World Hysteria
All human nature is here,.. the worried, the depressed, the criminal,..and a few sensible people.

What I have been curious about though, is why Russia/,.. of all the countries in the world Russia seems to be the one country that has mass `domsday believers`
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 December 2012, 20:42,
If anyones worried about the end of the world. Sell everything you own and send me your money so I can invest it in the building of a magical space ark to save all your lost souls.
5 December 2012, 20:48,
(5 December 2012, 20:42)Metroyeti Wrote: If anyones worried about the end of the world. Sell everything you own and send me your money so I can invest it in the building of a magical space ark to save all your lost souls.

Mate, I'm also building one of these, but with a cloaking device so nobody can spot us. You fancy sharing resources (money from daft people)?
5 December 2012, 22:29,
i seem to remember a guy called noah doing summut simular......they took the piss out of him to ....the silly bugger
6 December 2012, 09:46, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2012, 09:49 by Scythe13.)
(5 December 2012, 20:14)Prepper1 Wrote: and I quote this bit in particular..."Duma politicians also highlighted “a surge in the amount of consumer credit and the turnover of retail chains, which unmistakably points to soaring hysteria,” accusing swindlers of exploiting the paranoia for personal profit".

Of it could well point to CHRISTMAS!!!!! That time of year where there's “a surge in the amount of consumer credit and the turnover of retail chains, which unmistakably points to soaring" CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!!! And Businesses being screwed in the economy!!!

It's crap like this that makes me HATE the whole principle that people believe what they want and manipulate situations to make them look like they're something when they're clearly not!!!

I F**KING HATE BOLLOCKS THAT PEOPLE SPOUT WHEN THERE'S A TRUER ANSWER BLINDINGLY STARING EVERYONE IN THE FACE!!!!

If I ever meet Alex Jones, I'm going to shake his hand for finding a niche and making money form it, then slap him for making a business out of it where he is "exploiting the paranoia for personal profit"

HE'S PREACHING IN A WAY THAT IS TAKING THE P**S OF EVERYONE LISTENING TO HIM OR READING HIS CRAP!!!!!!!

Well done him for making up this crap and getting even richer by doing so! Why didn't I think of doing that and feeding that niche?!??!? DAMN IT!!!!!!! I should have taken that idea off him and rode that horse into the paranoid sunset.....with my millions of pounds in advertising, and people donating, and the merchandise, and all that crap!!!!! F**K I WISH I'D STARTED THAT BANDWAGON GOING!!!!!

Screw it, I'm going to. No joke.
I'm genuinely upset that he's found such a shocking niche and is milking it, when I'm not.

The fact he has the audacity to then mock the same people listening to him, it's unbelievable! But I love the way he does it and the fact that it's done so well.

I'm going to try a similar thing and see how it goes.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 11:34, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2012, 11:36 by Prepper1.)
If you read the story scythe, they actually talk about people stockpiling goods, food etc NOT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
AND its a story from a RUSSIAN source retold by info wars...
6 December 2012, 12:26, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2012, 12:26 by Scythe13.)
I have read it. Multiple times, because I thought I had missed something.

The report noted that "The message cites experts at the Academy of Sciences who assert “that there will be no end of the world.” " Why believe the media (who always tell the truth?) over the experts (who always tell the truth) or the government (who always tell the truth?)?

Sounds like common sense and Christmas stocking up to me. Wait.....doesn't Russia have a harsh winter quite often? Don't people regularly buy more food leading up to the winter's forecasts? Yes, they do, and we all know they do. Same as how people buy up more food for Christmas.

"From sensible precautions which should be practiced by everyone in a time of economic turmoil, such as stocking up on storable food and water, to fevered panic buying, reactions have been varied."
Wait one second....what were those first 24 words? Were they "From sensible precautions which should be practiced by everyone in a time of economic turmoil, such as stocking up on storable food and water"? I believe they were. Wait one more second....aren't we in a time of economic downturn? WOW!!!! Hold the presses!!! Maybe people are taking sensible precautions, which I believe should be practiced by everyone, in a time of economic downturn, such as stocking up on storable food and water?!?!? I love how the Russian population has more common sense by stocking up in times of economic downturn, than the general UK population.

"Residents in the town of Omutninsk reacted to hearing a doomsday prophecy from a Tibetan monk by buying up all the candles in the whole region. In Tomsk, “end of the world kits” have been flying off the shelves. They include vodka, buckwheat, candles, matches, a can of sprat fish, and a notepad and a pencil “to write letters to future generations.” "
A quick google search showed the current temperature there as -9 degrees and that Omutninsk is SOOOO isolated, that it wouldn't be hard to buy up all the candles in the area. It's got a population of 26'000 people, and they know that power outs will happen this winter, same as most winters. Why do you think they've bought so many candles? Why hasn't food or anything else like that sold out? Why only candles? Maybe because it's an area fraught with LOADS of power cuts?!
Tomsk has novelty gift packs flying off the shelves!?!?!?!? All around the Christmas Period!!!!! This must be breaking news!?!?
Let's be serious, those kits would be a sensible purchase, and a wonderful Christmas present. Looking at the items in the kits...it's a novelty item at best. It's a lovely novel thing to give someone. Tomsk has 2 big universities, a population of around 522'000, so students will be enjoying the novelty factor of such items. I bet there are loads of other items flying off the shelves around Christmas time.

The media needs to have stories that will catch people's imagination. How's this for a headline?
GOVERNMENT TELLS MEDIA TO CALM ALL THE CRAP ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD STORIES. ON ANOTHER NOTE PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY SHOPPING TO GET READY FOR CHRISTMAS!

It doesn't work. Does it?

I'm not saying everything is total bollocks about this story. Yes the government has told the media not to say too much, incase the population goes nuts over it. But then saying that a few obvious, regular occurrences, that would have happened anyway at this time of the year, are the result of such a thing.....it's just not cool and it's not news. It's fabrication!!! At best it's an 'A occurs because of B" piece of weak damaged logic that I ranted about earlier.

The stuff about the prisons....yes, I can believe that. That is worth putting up. Having said that, prisoners are not known to be the most knowledgeable of people. But that would be more inline with hysteria about the 2012 EOTW stories. The stocking up for Winter/Christmas/Bad-Economy, and then saying it's ALL about TEOTW.....that's totally bollocks, and you know it is. Yes some of it will be people like us, prepping. But MOST (I'm pitching a figure of well over 85%) will just be people getting along with their normal routines. Buying extra goods for a harsh winter, Christmas, and a bad economy. The news reports of the bad weather will obviously increase the amounts people stock up on. But you can't say that a few places selling novelty kits and buying candles is a true show of national hysteria!

So what if the story is Russian Media? Why believe Russian media above our own? If I make up a story and you reword it, that doesn't make it any more true. If Alex Jones does that, it doesn't make the Bull***t story any more true either.

Be warned......people are buying up hats and scarves because the iceage is coming next Tuesday (boy, I'll look a fool if that really does happen), media has said. No, you wouldn't believe that would you? People are buying up all UK turkey stocks because of the 21st December 2012, nothing to do with 25th December 2012! Warning, stuffing shortages possible!!! It's the same principle as that, just from another country.

Just because the media says people are buying more food stuffs around winter and Christmas, and say it's because of the 2012 prophecy, doesn't make it so.
Wow, that's really quite a rant.

Sorry.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 16:30,
Just because you say you've been a model and are the progeny of rich parents doesn't make it so either...

Sometimes you should take things at face value without dismembering them...

Just because they may be relevant or interesting....

To me your house moves or your previous "modeling" career are not particularly worthy of posting yet I do not dismantle them...