Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
uk econmy
5 December 2012, 17:19,
uk econmy
well our lot reckon it will take a few more years yet before were back on the right track Smile what a joke. was watching al jaz and they say were heading for our tripple dip recesion
and going to get a lot worse like we need telling ???

bd
5 December 2012, 17:27,
RE: uk econmy
Economies great bbc says so Big Grin , like we trust them
5 December 2012, 17:33,
The BBC="The Governments Mouthpiece"!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 10:07,
I said this back in 2006, that the level of lending can't go on. I read we were overdue a depression, after a load of research....we are.

In my humble opinion, we'll bottom out round about 2016. That will be when we start seeing continued growth again.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 11:23,
Continued economic growth, that much loved phrase often used by politicians and economists is a physical and mathematical impossibility. Continuous growth needs an infinate source of material and this is impossible in an finate system (the Earth). Using this model to fuel our political and economic philosophy is suicidal in the long run to our species. The cyclical Boom and Bust events are a direct result of using this flawed economic model.
6 December 2012, 11:31,
(6 December 2012, 11:23)Tartar Horde Wrote: Continued economic growth, that much loved phrase often used by politicians and economists is a physical and mathematical impossibility. Continuous growth needs an infinate source of material and this is impossible in an finate system (the Earth). Using this model to fuel our political and economic philosophy is suicidal in the long run to our species. The cyclical Boom and Bust events are a direct result of using this flawed economic model.

Continued, as in 'not for 1 month'.

I totally agree that a finite world cannot hold any growth ad-infinitum. That's not what I meant. I should have explained it better. My bad.

A few years of regular growth, would have been a better way to explain what I meant.

The boom and bust is a typical thing that we will always have. But there is a middle ground that we will never reach, which is a flaw of human nature. We always want more. That desire for more is what causes the boom. Then our inability to sustain that ever increasing desire is what fuels the bust. Communism would be a solution to the boom and busy system. But that's only because it would be a constant bust, without the boom haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 11:59,
i think it was mentioned on the news that" the recession would remain until 2018 !
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 12:12,
(6 December 2012, 11:31)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 11:23)Tartar Horde Wrote: Continued economic growth, that much loved phrase often used by politicians and economists is a physical and mathematical impossibility. Continuous growth needs an infinate source of material and this is impossible in an finate system (the Earth). Using this model to fuel our political and economic philosophy is suicidal in the long run to our species. The cyclical Boom and Bust events are a direct result of using this flawed economic model.

Continued, as in 'not for 1 month'.

I totally agree that a finite world cannot hold any growth ad-infinitum. That's not what I meant. I should have explained it better. My bad.

A few years of regular growth, would have been a better way to explain what I meant.

The boom and bust is a typical thing that we will always have. But there is a middle ground that we will never reach, which is a flaw of human nature. We always want more. That desire for more is what causes the boom. Then our inability to sustain that ever increasing desire is what fuels the bust. Communism would be a solution to the boom and busy system. But that's only because it would be a constant bust, without the boom haha.

"regular Growth" "infinate Growth" models both still rely on ever increasing resources, admittidly on different scales, but the need for "growth" remains the focus. Communism, Fascism and unfortunately in these days Parliamentarianism systems are no more than fancy words for state slavery of the population. I read History/Archaeology to Degree level and it is blatently obvious that we are following the same "blueprints" for building civilizations, and that we are continuing to make the same mistakes.
I like to remind myself that for 99% of our existence on this planet we lived as hunter gatherers. Civilized modern human living is a relatively new concept to our species and I honestly believe as a species we are still adapting to it, I see it as a work in progress.
Now I feel the need to knap flintBig Grin
6 December 2012, 12:18,
(6 December 2012, 12:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: for 99% of our existence on this planet we lived as hunter gatherers. Civilized modern human living is a relatively new concept

i dont think you can call the human race "civilised " these days, maybe back in the 60s but since then its all gone "Me,Me,Me !", when i see just WHAT is breeding these days i dont think the human race will last a whole lot longer !Big Grin
6 December 2012, 12:29,
(6 December 2012, 12:18)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 12:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: for 99% of our existence on this planet we lived as hunter gatherers. Civilized modern human living is a relatively new concept

i dont think you can call the human race "civilised " these days, maybe back in the 60s but since then its all gone "Me,Me,Me !", when i see just WHAT is breeding these days i dont think the human race will last a whole lot longer !Big Grin

I hear ya BigPaul it is all starting to look a little frayed at the edges isn't it. But i am quite optimistic really, as you look back through History you find that ALL civilizations crash and burn eventually, and why should we be surprised that ours will go the same way? We will adapt and survive I have no doubts about that. Who knows, next time we might get it right ehBig Grin