Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove
8 December 2012, 23:36,
RE: Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove
(8 December 2012, 23:09)BeardyMan Wrote: These work best with a wind shield to be honest, or modify the pot stand to make it a little lower.
(8 December 2012, 21:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: These aren't replacement pouches as such but they are fuel gel sachets so I can't see what harm they would do (please use caution, I've never tried them so be careful & I hereby take no responsibility for any outcome from using the sachets in the above mentioned cookers)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...cmd=VIDESC

They are from Ronnie Sunshine's eBay shop so may be cheaper again if you try his website direct (no eBay fees for him to pay).

I wouldn't use the green snot tbh. If you really want to refil the containers then use the proper stuff:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-Gen-Heat-...1c28f475f8

These are pretty much the same, but the gel doesn't have quite the kick to it as the mil one. BUT, it will do the job. Unfortunately we've found that the aperture on these cans isn't wide enough to give a decent sized flame. They are, though, only designed to keep things warm rather than cook them. These are much better than the sachets though.

Also, Ronnie Sunshine? Dudes, you lot must have a lot of spare cash!! Everything he sells, and I mean EVERYTHING, can be found cheaper on ebay in seconds!! Big Grin

I did mean to include in my review, as with all stoves, a windshield would help. They are still cracking little stoves though & im planning on buying 1/2 a dozen after new year.

For refilling it, there you have it folks. Ignore my suggestion Smile At the price you are flogging them for, probably wouldnt be economical to refil them anyway.

I found ronnie sunshine to be fairly reasonable but cheaper is better (as long as quality matches).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove - by Geordie_Rob - 8 December 2012, 23:36