Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Names for April Meet
11 December 2012, 14:01,
RE: Names for April Meet
(11 December 2012, 13:58)BeardyMan Wrote:
(11 December 2012, 13:56)Scythe13 Wrote: Rules on gear to bring or not allowed to bring?

I think that everyone dressing in camo would freak the wife a bit too much!
No guns or bows please. There will be kids around so better safe than sorry!
Feel free to bring as many knives as you can carry.

Only usually carry 3 knives on me, and 4 in my bags. Not much chance I'll bring a bag, so I'll only have the 3.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 December 2012, 14:03,
Cool. I'll bring an axe/hatchet for the firewood. Not sure if they still sell it there now.
11 December 2012, 14:04,
with little one in toe I think we'll be bring a fair bit of normal "camping out of a car" type stuff and I don't have any camo gear (just yet)
11 December 2012, 14:07,
(11 December 2012, 14:04)I-K-E Wrote: with little one in toe I think we'll be bring a fair bit of normal "camping out of a car" type stuff and I don't have any camo gear (just yet)

Same here. I'll be pitching the bell tent, so normal camping for us. I think we'll be allowed to dig out a fire pit, but if not I'll bring a brazier or two
11 December 2012, 15:31,
I have received this from the owner:

Quote:Ben

It sounds as if you’d be better off on my hay field.

The hay field is quite flat and well drained so there should be no problem getting vehicles on and off. I can move the sheep off in advance. The entrance is about 50 metres before the turning into our drive. There is a chemical loo there already and i can bring a separate loo over for any ladies as they always prefer to have their own. I can get it all organised before you arrive. There will be lots of room and when I've used it before I’ve always had very good feedback. It’s a lovely view all around and you can have it to yourself.

I’d be happy with £5 per head but I would be very grateful if as much rubbish as possible could be taken away with you as disposing of waste is another major problem for me.

You can have a fire there and I will provide braziers.

Drop me an e-mail in the new year when you have a definite date and and more details on numbers etc.

So we're all sorted Big Grin
11 December 2012, 15:34,
SOLD!

I'll be there.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 December 2012, 16:21, (This post was last modified: 11 December 2012, 16:24 by Hrusai.)
bugger it i'll have to sleep on me own lol...goin for a hammocky night Big Grin (should have me Hennessey hammock by then Big Grin)

but indeed i shall also be there Smile...with knives and shizzle

also if anyone is comin from around bristol and driving, or just driving give us a shout as i'll be gettin a train upto bristol then to swansea then either a bus or walking lol...would put in petrol money and a pint obviously Smile
11 December 2012, 16:36,
BM,

See if he will let us practise with bow and arrows there. That could be interesting.

SD
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 December 2012, 22:10,
It sounds like you guys are in for a great time,... I hope it all goes perfect, including the weather
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 December 2012, 14:10,
(11 December 2012, 16:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: BM,

See if he will let us practise with bow and arrows there. That could be interesting.

SD

Request sent. Fingers crossed!