Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New article on Preppers
19 December 2012, 20:33,
New article on Preppers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...sters.html

Check the comments section, there are quite a few "get a life", "have they got their tinfoil hats" and the like but there are some who are realising that there is nothing wrong in being able to look after yourself and not having to rely on government help (which probably wouldn't come) if modern infrastructure went down.
19 December 2012, 21:02,
RE: New article on Preppers
some very negative comments from some but who cares what they think anyway. Smile
19 December 2012, 21:05,
Dont these people realise, that we dont just prepare for the end of the world, an after the bomb situation,... we also prepare for other much more easily survivable situations.

.... but the more people who think the way these people do, the more chance the rest of us have
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 December 2012, 21:26,
(19 December 2012, 21:05)Highlander Wrote: Dont these people realise, that we dont just prepare for the end of the world, an after the bomb situation,... we also prepare for other much more easily survivable situations.

.... but the more people who think the way these people do, the more chance the rest of us have

Agree with you 100%.Many things could happen that are wise to prepare for:Bad Weather (Floods,Bad Winters etc),Rioting,Fuel shortages,Civil Unrest,Strikes,Flu outbreaks,Terrorism,Economic downturns/Collapse and Power Outages there probably more.
19 December 2012, 22:57,
(19 December 2012, 21:05)Highlander Wrote: Dont these people realise, that we dont just prepare for the end of the world, an after the bomb situation,... we also prepare for other much more easily survivable situations.

Exactly. When it has boomed it down of snow, the roads have an inch of ice of them and your pissy two wheel drive just is not going to make it to the supermarket (ya know, like it did two winters on the trot a couple of years ago) and you have run out of potatoes / onions / salt / canned tomatoes / what ever else, I will chuckle.

When fuel distribution depots are being blockaded and I have a full tank and a couple of jerry cans of fuel (ya know, like happened just over a decade ago) and you are calling your boss up each day, begging him not to sack you as you are too stupid to organise your life without your car, I will chuckle as I am driving along.

When you cannot get in your house because it has rained that hard the drains could not cope and you are sitting in a local church hall to be told by the police that your building is structurally unsafe (ya know, like has happened all summer) and your wife is crying as she has no clean underwear, I will chuckle as I think how easy it could have been for you to put a bag together.

When you are stuck in a massive traffic jam and are told by the police you will be going no where for hours and you are worried if you are going to have enough fuel to run your engine to keep you warm, I will chuckle as I switch off my engine, relax my seat, pull over a blanket, a drink and some bits off food and use the time to loose my mind in thinking of such things of digging land drains or building a new chicken coop and chuckle.

When it is Christmas eve and you go to the supermarket to buy sprouts and parsnips which you MUST HAVE and they have run out, I will chuckle knowing mine will be coming out of my garden.

When the roads are two foot deep in floods and you have just destroyed your engine driving through them and hydrolocking it, I will chuckle - nay - laugh my arse off sitting in my old high up 4x4. It might not have electric windows or heated seats or central locking or carpets, but it starts, it stops and it goes and keeps on going inbetween. It is also a good place to laugh.

People may laugh at what we do. They may deride us, call us mad, bad or mental. Who will have the last laugh?
19 December 2012, 23:02,
Amen to the bdg
19 December 2012, 23:35,
In our house the heating went off the other year and what did we do, we got the coalfire going.Those who take the piss out of preppers will if SHTF we moaning "we need help,we've run out of food/water/fuel,the heating and electricity have gone.I have kids.Where are the authorities"
19 December 2012, 23:42,
Part of me hopes the shtf on fri to teach peoole on the daily mail a lesson
20 December 2012, 10:30,
It's just the insessant bleating of lambs being herded to slaughter.

We are for the most part, very happy with our sustainable and responsible lifestyle. Can the people who criticize preparedeness say the same?
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
20 December 2012, 11:04,
i see we have the usual "the govt will look after me "!! poor deluded fools.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.