Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiskars Brush Hook
20 December 2012, 22:20,
Fiskars Brush Hook
http://eng-uk.fiskars.com/Products/Wood-...sh-Hook-X3

Now this is a very well kept secret in Survivalist circles, the 'Fiskars Brush Hook'.

I have had my hook for over 15 years and for 6 of those years I used it daily in a forestry environment. It has never rusted, works just as well in the cold and wet and even though it has a plastic handle, this thing is solid.

The thing I like about this brush hook is that it's very light weight, well balanced and you can buy it from B&Q for little money. It also sharpens up very well and it's very versatile. Oh and the colour 'Hi-Viz' orange means that you can find it when you put it down. You will also notice that it has a handy lanyard hole in the handle and a hole in the blade for hanging it up on a nail for storage. I use this hole for pulling barbed wire off rotten fence posts, which it does very well.

This blade is like a axe blade, so you cut at an angle, taking cuts from left to right to form a cutting mouth, once you get that weighed off you can really motor through logs/branches up to the width of your upper arm.

Cutting tool or hand weapon this hook has it all and is my all in one cutting tool for most jobs.
20 December 2012, 23:09,
RE: Fiskars Brush Hook
This looks a good tool, we used to use a simular tool in Wales but heavier, we called it a `Brumock`,.. it was used for hedging,.... I like this one because of its size and lightness,.. better handle too
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 December 2012, 23:23,
Hi Highlander,
Yeah at one time I had all manner of billhooks for when I was coppicing and hedgelaying, I noticed that it didn't take too long to blunt the blades and to develop an aching wrist, so I got one of these brush hooks and it has become my number one tool for everything from clearing ditches to cutting the lawn.Wink
21 December 2012, 10:48,
(20 December 2012, 22:20)SealDriver Wrote: http://eng-uk.fiskars.com/Products/Wood-...sh-Hook-X3

Now this is a very well kept secret in Survivalist circles, the 'Fiskars Brush Hook'.

The thing I like about this brush hook is that it's very light weight, well balanced and you can buy it from B&Q for little money.

B & Q price: £32.98 a bit steep for my liking.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2012, 13:45,
Fiskars has a lifetime guaranty, also do nice axes