• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Minority report is becoming real
11 January 2013, 13:21,
Minority report is becoming real
Americans using computers to monitor ex inmates most likely to commit murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-next.html
11 January 2013, 14:05,
RE: Minority report is becoming real
sounds a bit "thought Police" to me, i mean how can you arrest someone for a crime they havent committed yet?(bit different if you find them in the process of committing it but thats not what we are talking about here).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2013, 14:28,
Happens all the time unfortunately BP. At the moment they call it "intent" which can actually carry harsher sentences than you would have received should you actually have committed the crime.

This is a bit different though, they're not talking about arresting, but monitoring people based on their psych profiles. Most governments do it already to some extent, not much different to racial profiling. This is more advanced though
11 January 2013, 14:41,
thankfully i dont live in a high crime area.....more like NO crime at all, i dont live in a city any more( left in 1999) and this area is really peaceful, probably cos everyone knows everyone else and they know where you live! our nearest Police station is 8 miles away, then 13 miles away and they are only PART TIME not manned 24/7. the only time i see a plod is when they fly through in their patrol cars headed for the next town 13 miles away, i havent had reason to speak to a copper for nearly 15 years! you should all try it some time!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2013, 15:47,
Simular here BP,.. we are on a peninsular, so we have one road in and one road out of the area, nearest Police 14 miles away and 50 miles.,...and like you no crime to talk of

There is always a certain group of people being monitored by the Police,.. depending on whats going on in the world as to which group are monitored at what time,... its just another form of intelligence gathering,...it has, is, and will always be
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 January 2013, 15:53,
(11 January 2013, 15:47)Highlander Wrote: Simular here BP,.. we are on a peninsular, so we have one road in and one road out of the area, nearest Police 14 miles away and 50 miles.,...and like you no crime to talk of
we are about half a mile from a crossroads, 1 road goes North & South, the other goes East & West, well used but not what most people would call a MAIN road (most city folk would call them country lanes but not what I call a country lane...could show you a few of those!)
11 January 2013, 16:17,
(11 January 2013, 14:05)bigpaul Wrote: sounds a bit "thought Police" to me, i mean how can you arrest someone for a crime they havent committed yet?(bit different if you find them in the process of committing it but thats not what we are talking about here).

Considering we are all have the potential to commit nearly any crime....it's a dangerous thing!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 January 2013, 16:26,
(11 January 2013, 16:17)Scythe13 Wrote: Considering we are all have the potential to commit nearly any crime...

you speak for yourself!!!TongueBig Grin
11 January 2013, 16:32, (This post was last modified: 11 January 2013, 16:34 by Scythe13.)
(11 January 2013, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote:
(11 January 2013, 16:17)Scythe13 Wrote: Considering we are all have the potential to commit nearly any crime...

you speak for yourself!!!TongueBig Grin
If you're physically capable of doing it, you're a potential criminal.

If you have a car or drive, you have a potential to be a murderer. If you have some kind of physical anatomy capable of sexual reproduction you could be a rapist or prostitute. If you have a beard, you could be a flasher, pervert, pedo, or any other deviant activity criminal!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejwXosoAd4
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 January 2013, 16:41,
For the olympic security training a terrorist will most likley have a beard and tattoos, received a few odd looks that day. You can not profile people and there crimes.