Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dangerous horse burgers
24 January 2013, 14:25,
dangerous horse burgers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...asure.html

24 January 2013, 14:35,
RE: dangerous horse burgers
talk about rushing to panic, they WERENT horse burgers, only a % of the meat was found to be horse and that is because the abattoirs doing the slaughtering DONT wash down all the machinery before going on to a different batch or different animal. i havent eaten burgers for years because most burgers are only meat squeezed together and most of it is rubbish meat anyway...thats the ones that arent floor scrapings that is.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2013, 14:48,
Was on tv last night food inspectors. Talking about budhet burger nd how they only have to be 50%meat, so there made from 25%beef fat,25%conective tissue and whatever they make 50% up with, nice
24 January 2013, 14:59,
a lot of burgers are MRM or "mechanically rescued meat" in other words its all the crap!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2013, 15:02,
its amazing what we feed outselves with, should rebrand them shtf burgers
24 January 2013, 15:04,
thats why i DONT eat supermarket meat!Big Grin
24 January 2013, 15:09,
i know they bleach chicken, god knows what else they do
24 January 2013, 15:11,
(24 January 2013, 15:09)Metroyeti Wrote: i know they bleach chicken, god knows what else they do

you probably dont want to know!Big Grin we buy all our meat from local farms and farm shops, people who have a reputation for good quality meat not some fly by night out to make a quick buck.
25 January 2013, 10:13,
Someone somewhere has decided that it is fit and proper for the public in general to consume a composite food - if you can call burgers food.
They have come up with an 'acceptable' recipe and issued guide lines for the 'food processors'.
I am more than a little concerned about this. Do all of us have time to read what is on the labels of these products when we are shopping? Do we understand the labelling 'jargon' in the first place? Can we all afford to purchase the more expensive and possibly more nutritional food in the shops? Who gave these people the right to decide what is acceptable on our behalf?
Ooops - rant - sorry.
25 January 2013, 10:32,
when we buy ALL our meat we are speaking to the PRODUCER not some middle man, it may cost a little bit more but you can actually TASTE the difference.