Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Homeless
29 January 2013, 15:43,
RE: Homeless
measured a door this morning.....the tennant evicted.....2 months behind in rent....the patio door BLEW off in the wind........yeah right....still .....people are suffering big time.....no kids in this case though ...looking on the plus side
29 January 2013, 19:06,
I lived in a flat share in Bristol. The place wasn't very classy, bit it was a GREAT LAUGH!!! Could get out on the roof, giving such huge access to loads of area across even more roofing! GREAT FUN!!!! Loved it. Having cool house mates hugely helped that though!!!

Oddly, we're buying a house and it'll be cheaper to buy the house than to rent where we are at present! Crazy hu? We do only have a small mortgage though as a large deposit helped a load with that.

A 1 bed flat costs £390 a month here. Bristol Flat share was £230. All in all, both are awesome. Living with international students means you don't have to pay council tax either haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 January 2013, 19:18,
There was a person living in a tent in Newcastle down by the banks of the tyne. He was there about 2 weeks then suddenly his tent was gone. I'm assuming those lovely folks at the council, backed up by those private security guards (police) evicted him/moved him on. Bas***ds.
29 January 2013, 19:39,
Used to be a guy called frank who lived in the arches of the high level bridge, had a nice few of the hilton hotel until someone set it on fire and he moved out
30 January 2013, 10:08,
(29 January 2013, 14:48)Metroyeti Wrote: Housing benefit is 220per month if your under 35majority of rented accomadation is double that, so if you dont have a job your buggered, spend your limited savings(if you have any) then your up shit creek if you dont get work quickly, this country is making people homeless but we are all in it together?

Dude, where do you live?! £220 a month is shit!! I used to get well over £100 per week in housing payments when I lived in Peterborough. They were a bit strange though, I called and told them I had a job, so stop paying me. They kept paying. I wrote them a letter, followed up with a phone call - they kept paying me. I faxed them the letter, then sent one recorded delivery - they kept paying me. I had to go into the office in person in the end to get them to stop sending me money!

All councils pay different rates of housing benefits. When we lived in Marlow I enquired about the housing benefits as I suddenly lost my job, they were going to stump up £800ish, and I would have had to have found the other £250 to meet the rent. Was going to take 6 weeks to sort out though and the landlord wouldn't wait.

You can get the councils to pay for site rent on a caravan site, if you can find one that is open all year (touring caravan)
30 January 2013, 10:13,
Nearest caravan site shuts during the winter, and the caravans would be warmer than my flat. 220 certainly doesnt cover the rent
30 January 2013, 10:16,
i thought the GOVT was capping housing benefit at £400 per WEEK??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 10:17, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 10:18 by BeardyMan.)
(30 January 2013, 10:13)Metroyeti Wrote: Nearest caravan site shuts during the winter, and the caravans would be warmer than my flat. 220 certainly doesnt cover the rent

The one I stayed on when I started this contract "shut for winter" officially - but he was happy to keep people there all year. They have to advertise as being closed, or they have to start paying increased council tax - and it's a big increase. Especially if you have a lot of spaces for the caravans.

(30 January 2013, 10:16)bigpaul Wrote: i thought the GOVT was capping housing benefit at £400 per WEEK??

But then what would all the massive families who have £3million houses in Primrose Hill do? Wink
30 January 2013, 10:18,
I dont understand how people get more? As someone who normaly works and never claimed before I get 70 a week jsa, and 55housing benefit
30 January 2013, 10:22,
(30 January 2013, 10:17)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:16)bigpaul Wrote: i thought the GOVT was capping housing benefit at £400 per WEEK??

But then what would all the massive families who have £3million houses in Primrose Hill do? Wink

weell, they will have to move to somewhere more affordable wont they?? i'm pretty much out of date on private rents, we're HA tenants, our rent on a 2 bed semi is under £80 per week.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.