• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When all Hell breaks loose
29 January 2013, 18:44,
When all Hell breaks loose
http://www.codylundin.com/Loose.html
Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus
29 January 2013, 18:56,
RE: When all Hell breaks loose
I have the book. It's... odd. Garish, no strike that... HIDEOUS illustrations spoil it. And the gruesome photos of skewered rat / mouse are "too much info". But I like some his quotes. "Red meat isn't bad for you. Blue-green meat is bad for you".
29 January 2013, 20:34,
Thanks for your opinion on the book,... I quiet like the guy, and I was thinking that the book might be worth looking at,... but with what you said,..and the fact that there are a million and a half survival books out there, then I might not buy
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 January 2013, 20:44,
read both of his books. ok lot of good ideas
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 January 2013, 10:22,
Yeah, I have this also. I realy dont like the images either. I've read about half of it so far. Tend to read it when I'm on the train.
31 January 2013, 10:07,
I haven't read this one, but I enjoyed "98.6 The Art Of Keeping Your Ass Alive", which is more about wilderness survival. He's an interesting guy. Spent a long time living off-grid in a wood somewhere, and teaches aboriginal living skills.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
31 January 2013, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 31 January 2013, 11:58 by NorthernRaider.)
Highlander if you want you can have my copy for nowt, I did not like it at all, just PM me with your address and I'll post it to you.
NR

BTW I'm currently reading SURVIVALIST FAMILY by Joe Fox, its not a bad little " How To" book , very Merkin but interesting, its not a bad basic guide, its good to see the family view point rather than the single prepper view of things.

31 January 2013, 12:02,
I have recently ordered "Preppers Home Defense" by Jim Cobb, £4.68 +p&p on Amazon, waiting for the postie to deliver it!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2013, 16:34,
Finished reading this book quite a few months back. Interesting read backed up by the fact that Cody Lundin has a wealth of experience and lives pretty much what he preaches. Take away the daft illustrations and you actually have some excellent info that could help save your ass. His experiences with eating very old 'out of date' food is a valuable lesson as is purifying water using just sunlight. His emphasis is that your attitude towards your situation is paramount to your survival. Loads of interesting facts and tips that will ultimately help. Not everyone's cup of tea but I connect with the guy and definitely his effort has it's place in my top five books so far!Big Grin
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
11 August 2013, 18:39,
I may not always like an author but I persist in reading what he writes, because there is often some hidden gems within the work. Kenneth Eames.