Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westcountry Game Fair 2013
30 January 2013, 10:34,
Westcountry Game Fair 2013
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March 2013 at Royal Bath & West Showground, NEAR Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 6QN tickets £12 for adults on the gate, ADVANCE tickets tel: 01749 813899 or email sales@contour.uk.net Countryside Shopping,Demonstrations, RIFLE RANGE,Dogs, Somerset Smallholders, Westcountry Food, Xtreme off road, ARCHERY,CLAY SHOOTING,AIR RIFLES,fly casting,ARCHERY. website: http://www.contour.uk.net
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 10:46,
RE: Westcountry Game Fair 2013
Can't see it anywhere on the website, but are you allowed to take your own dog?
30 January 2013, 10:50, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 10:52 by bigpaul.)
(30 January 2013, 10:46)BeardyMan Wrote: Can't see it anywhere on the website, but are you allowed to take your own dog?

YES, when we have been there in the past there are always lots of people with their own dogs, there is even a dog "creche", terrier and lurcher shows on both days, Family dog show.

i'm reading from the leaflet, cos we've been before they send me the leaflet every year.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 10:54,
Cool. If the missus isn't working those days then we'll do our best to be there. If she is working then it'll be a no-go. Trying to control and out-of-control toddler and a puppy isn't easy by yourself. And should I loose either while I'm out I'd be in trouble when I got home.
30 January 2013, 10:59,
i've sent off for advance tickets, can be used either day but we normally go on the Saturday(weather permitting) as thats when you get the show "offers", we usually set off early and get there just before it opens, it gets VERY busy later on when the PLEBS get out of their pits and turn up-usually about mid morning-11ish.
30 January 2013, 11:01,
(30 January 2013, 10:59)bigpaul Wrote: i've sent off for advance tickets, can be used either day but we normally go on the Saturday(weather permitting) as thats when you get the show "offers", we usually set off early and get there just before it opens, it gets VERY busy later on when the PLEBS get out of their pits and turn up-usually about mid morning-11ish.

I'll check with the wife and see if I can get it sorted out, looks like a good show.
30 January 2013, 11:06, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 11:08 by bigpaul.)
(30 January 2013, 11:01)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:59)bigpaul Wrote: i've sent off for advance tickets, can be used either day but we normally go on the Saturday(weather permitting) as thats when you get the show "offers", we usually set off early and get there just before it opens, it gets VERY busy later on when the PLEBS get out of their pits and turn up-usually about mid morning-11ish.

I'll check with the wife and see if I can get it sorted out, looks like a good show.
it designed primarely for landowners but there are loads of shopping possibilities, i've got some good reasonably priced knives there in the past, then there's clothing, to say nothing of the food hall, then theres air rifles and shotguns and archery, its a large site and its where they have the Bath & West show also the Bike(as in motorcycles) show!!

you'll have to get onto the A303 and come off at Castle Cary, go past the Railway Station and just follow the signs for "The Game Fair", its usually well sign posted.
30 January 2013, 13:45,
received the advance tickets in the post this morning, thats good seeing i only sent the cheque off at the weekend!
30 January 2013, 16:11,
i am up for that BP thanks for sharing
30 January 2013, 16:13,
(30 January 2013, 16:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: i am up for that BP thanks for sharing

well, having been to the show many times, i can thoroughly recommend it.