Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More bad and anti survivalist news in the US
1 February 2013, 15:22,
More bad and anti survivalist news in the US
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-day.html

1 February 2013, 15:33,
RE: More bad and anti survivalist news in the US
these kinds of things seem to be happening more often in the States these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2013, 18:23,
Thats why I don't tell anybody I'm a prepper.
I just don't want to be associated with this kind of stuff.

Its only the states so far...lets hope some nutter doesn't go barmy over here and say their a prepper/survivalist.

God alone knows the real reason these things are happening more frequently, could just be human nature or planned to control guns, preppers etc...

Keep your eyes open and remember your opsec "tell nobody" now is not the time to tell people your a prepper or a survivalist trust me on that, these story's in the papers seep into their minds and all they remember is "prepper,survivalist,guns,bad"

That and the fact you have food, possibly a means of defense is not something you waqnt thm remembering when shtf.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
1 February 2013, 18:31,
just a nut job who happens to be a prepper!!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 February 2013, 18:33,
(1 February 2013, 18:23)Prepper1 Wrote: Keep your eyes open and remember your opsec "tell nobody" now is not the time to tell people your a prepper or a survivalist trust me on that, these story's in the papers seep into their minds and all they remember is "prepper,survivalist,guns,bad"

That and the fact you have food, possibly a means of defense is not something you waqnt thm remembering when shtf.
OPSEC must be your mantra, or like WW2 "Walls have Ears", tell no one-not even an extended family member.as far as this story goes i think he's more of a "mental" case than a prepper, he just happens to be a Vietnam veteran with guns.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2013, 18:37,
Its a good way to tarnish our namr and get your neighbours talking or reporting you to tptb, everyone who preps must be a nut job
1 February 2013, 18:46,
(1 February 2013, 18:37)Metroyeti Wrote: Its a good way to tarnish our namr and get your neighbours talking or reporting you to tptb, everyone who preps must be a nut job

thats why you shouldnt tell your neighbours about your preps!Big Grin when their starving after TSHTF they will then remember you've got food stores.
1 February 2013, 18:46,
Maybe its a case of these events are not happening more often, maybe we are simply in a trend that is making preppers/survivalists newsworthy,.. because I cant see any reason why these events would be increasing,...... but with the gun control stories and the popular trend towards prepping in the US,... this kind of crime suddenly becomes more interesting to news outlays and those that read/watch
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 February 2013, 19:08,
Dont talk to the neighbours but it does raise alarm bels if your bringing 100cans of beans home in your weekly shop, few years ago they had posters up saying to report people if they had to many cleaning products in the recycling bin incase there terrorist
1 February 2013, 19:35,
Good point metroyeti , i buy full trays n boxes of canned food,i am lucky insofaras i can off load, in private ...nobody can see want i ,m doing ....i go outside my area to buy stuff ..at christmas we ran into friends right on the check out...they remarked "you like your tins " .....ohh i said this is for the sally army ha ha ha.... OH said quick thinking.....i did give to the sally army .. more out of guilt this year